Answered

Automated or Manual Integration into Airtable?

• 25 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello there!

I am new to integrating Typeform with Airtable, and I am wondering how to automatically generate the information from the Typeform survey into my Airtable. I have set up the integration and I can click the “Import Responses” button, which will pull all of the fields from my questions and display them beautifully in Airtable. However, every time the Typeform survey is completed a new entry is generated on my Airtable, but it only includes the answer for the first slide, and leaves all other fields blank. Do I have to manually click the “Import Responses” button in order to pull all 9 of the responses from my survey?

It wouldn’t be a big deal, but I was wanting to set an Airtable Automation to send an email every time a new record is created. The way it is performing now means I get the initial automated email for creation of a new entry once someone completed the Typeform survey, but again, this only integrates the data from the first slide. Then, I can click the “import results” button in Airtable, and it generates a duplicate Airtable entry and sends a second automated email for the same survey.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Amanda

icon

Best answer by Liz 26 January 2022, 17:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Amanda O Happy Wednesday! This is (hopefully) a dumb question, but are the questions on your form required? If not, the respondent can leave them blank and thus, no data would be sent for that question. 

If they are required and responses are being submitted yet not transmitted to Airtable, it may be worth attempting to connect and disconnect the integration once more to see if that solves the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Amanda O! Hoping you're having a nice day. Did you have time to check what my friend Liz said above? Sometimes the fix is more simple than what we think. Let us know if you were able to solve that and how! :wink:

Good morning Gabi and Liz,

First off, thank you for your time and I apologize for the delay!

I went into my Typeform questionnaire and changed all responses to required and tested it, but once again the automation email from Airtable does not include the responses except for the first question. I would like to continue testing this out and trying to remedy, but I only have the free account and that means I only have 10 responses per month and I’ve now eaten up 7 of those with testing. Hesitant to keep trying and taking up the few responses I have left. Others in my company also need to test and review this process, so trying to use those diligently. If we are able to make the program compatible with our processes, we would purchase a program to allow for more responses, but I first need to demonstrate that I can accomplish what we’d like within the program’s parameters. Here is a snip of the email I am getting from Airtable:

Perhaps it has to do with how the table is set up in Airtable, but I’ve examined that pretty closely and don’t know else to push those fields to auto-populate the first time the survey is complete. If I log in to Airtable and manually “Import” the data, then it sends an additional “Cabinet Lead” email for the same response, now with all fields populated:

The goal is for the Cabinetry team to get all information automatically emailed to them from Airtable when a lead is generated at the showroom using the Typeform questionnaire. 

Thank you,

Amanda