Answered

Branching based on hidden fields, best practice ?

• 29 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hiya- I am trying to survey two groups of people, and import the results of the survey into Hubspot. 

1. Email form link to people who are already in our CRM (email and firstname as hidden fields).

2. Form embedded on our website, not knowing anything about the user.

To simplify things, I thought it might be possible to use branching logic based on hidden fields.

IF the hidden field @email CONTAINS “@”, skip the questions that ask for “email” and “firstname”.

PROBLEM:
Putting the data into the CRM would still be tricky, since the email addressed associated with the submission would be coming either from a hidden field named “email”, or coming from the question that asks them for their email. Not sure how to tell the CRM which one to use.

Is there a good way to do this, or should I just make two forms ??

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 29 May 2021, 21:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nicodemus - from another user

if you use a link that has the hidden email fields in both cases - one (from hubspot) would have the an actual @sitename.xxx email address and the other (website having ‘xxxxx’ as the email value portion, then you if you called the hidden email field h_email, for example, then you could evaluate on the form as follows:

• if h_email = xxxxx then jumpto website question set  otherwise jumpto crm_target_question

sending the information back to hubspot would require that you set the email variable to h_email value for those responses HOWEVER you would have to look at using Zapier or Integromat (examples) to do the update to the existing Hubspot record. the ‘new’ email addresses (where h_mail = xxxxx and email_question has a response) would enable the Typeform native integration to create the new hubspot record. 

At least that is what the seven other voices in my head are suggesting is possible this Saturday afternoon

des