Answered

Can I map survey results with customer data?

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Total novice, so please bear with me…

I am having to run a segmentation project which means getting insight from our current customers. How can I use the survey results gained (such as household size, interests etc) with existing customer data without braking GDPR regulations?

1. I send out an email to my entire customer database (via email in Braze CRM)
  2. I get survey results / data (Typeform), which is linked to an email.
  3. I have some customer usage data (how much they order + use the product in Braze CRM)
  4. I want to map this against their usage data (using ‘Typeform email completes’ + ‘CRM customer emails’ from Braze to understand more about their usage and behaviours.
  5. I don’t want to violate GDPR. 

Questions:

1. Can I do this “matching” of emails?
  2. What do I need to do in Typeform re setting it up? Hidden fields/ tags or something? Or define in Braze CRM? or use a merge-type of worksheet?
  3. Do i need to ask for specific consent in the survey?

Any help greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 February 2023, 21:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KBinBerlin Happy little Friday! Thanks for stopping by. 

To answer your first two questions, if you’re sending the link to the form in an email, you can pass information using this method

Though, as for your questions about GDPR, you would need to consult with a lawyer specialized in this for an answer. Every use case is different, and someone specialized in this can take a look at the information you’re collecting and how you plan to use it. 

Thank you Liz. From this I then assume that apart from <name> I can also add <#orders2022> to recall both his name and the number of orders? How do I add more than just <name>?

Thanks for your answer and I will check it with the lawyers ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KBinBerlin Happy Monday! I’m not familiar with Braze, but so long as they have a merge field that can pass that information out of Braze, you should be able to add that. Those hidden fields should automatically be added to the code you can copy/paste from our Share section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sorry, one last thing to add! Be sure to first add those hidden fields to your form following the steps here