Answered

Can I prevent an embedded form from being mouse scrollable to the next question on my webpage?

• 18 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Typeform embedded on my Shopify site, but when I am scrolling down the site and the cursor reaches the point where it is hovering over the Typeform, it begins the scroll down action on the form, causing it to scroll to the next question. I know that one way to prevent this from happening is to set up a logic such that you cannot go to the next question without answering it first. 

However, I’ve set up my first slide on my form to be a statement as a sort of “Take this quiz!” opening slide and would prefer for it to be fixed on that slide and not scrollable until the user has clicked on the button to begin the form’s questions. 

Not sure why this isn’t a function that can be readily disabled since it’s a huge hassle and disruption in user experience when Typeforms are being embedded on a web page. I saw a similar concern on this forum, but have no idea how to implement it: https://github.com/Typeform/embed/issues/481

Hoping someone can provide some help or a solution! 😊

icon

Best answer by Liz 19 July 2023, 14:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hopper Happy Tuesday! Have you tried setting up these logic jumps that prevent scrolling forward in the form? 

Hey Liz, thanks for your response! The link you sent me directed me to a page instruction to toggle off question numbers - I tried that and it didn’t produce the results I wanted. 😅 Is there perhaps any other way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hopper Ah shoot, sorry! I linked you to the wrong article. It’s this one!