Answered

Can I separate contacts collected in Typeform into Groups within my Mailchimp Audience?

• 10 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello, is this possible?

I would like to create 3 different type form survey’s.

Each survey will be connected to the SAME audience (list) in my Mailchimp account.

Within this list, there are multiple groups for different kinds of customers. I would like Typeform to add the contacts it collects to specific groups within the same Audience based on their Typeform answers.

Please note - in Mailchimp “groups” and “tags” are different. I am not interested in tagging. Groups are like buckets inside of the Audience.

For example:

Survey 1 would have a question with 6 different answer options. The answer that the contact chooses here determines which group within the Mailchimp Audience they get added to. The contact would then be added to 1 of those 6 different groups within the Mailchimp Adience.

This same thing would happen for the other 2 Typeform surveys.

** all contacts are added to the SAME Mailchimp Audience, but different groups within that audience.

Is this possible with Typeform???

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 August 2021, 20:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JMJohnson Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. :) 

It’s possible to tag respondents based on their answers in our native integration, but it’s not possible to add them to different groups. 

Though, you could try using Zapier or Integromat to filter the data down into a more specific location accordingly! @Michaela might have extra insight on adding folks into specific groups using Integromat. :grinning:

Thanks Liz!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@JMJohnson welcome! Let me know if you think of any other questions. :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey guys, hope everyone’s well and enjoying them first Autumn days :maple_leaf: 

I cannot believe that I am only seeing this now, lol. Thanks @Liz for tagging me, you’re the best.

Since I’m pretty late to the party, I’m just gonna say sure thing, Integromat can totally help here :relaxed: 

- - - - - - 

Typeform & Mailchimp Prep

let’s say the typeform contains the following questions:

• Name

• Email

• Group

and Mailchimp has these groups

• Interests

• Donating

• Volunteering

• Events

• Not Defined

Integromat Automation

The Integromat scenario could then look for example like this: 

And what does this beauty do? Well, it:

• watches new Typeform submissions
  • loads all the lists from Mailchimp
  • retrieves all the Mailchimp interest categories you’ve created 
  • processes the Mailchimp categories one by one by the means of an iterator
  • gets all the interests from the interest categories
  • updates the subscribers in Mailchimp

If you’d like to read through more detailed instructions, let me know and I’ll be happy to go way deeper :sweat_smile:

Just for reference, I’m gonna leave the links to the integration pages of both Typeform and Mailchimp here in case you wanted to check them out and see what the features of the integrations are :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @Michaela !! Also, LOVE the gif ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz It’s always great to meet a fellow gif aficionado :heart: