Answered

Can Typeform send Quiz results to HubSpot

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve created a quiz with Typeform and connected it to my HubSpot account. When someone takes the quiz their name and email address are sent to HubSpot and a new contact is created and added to a list.

My Quiz has 3 possible results in it. I’m wondering if there’s a way to send the results to HubSpot so that I can enter Quiz takers into a workflow that will send them email relevant to their Quiz score.

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 December 2021, 16:19

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @brad.friedman thanks for stopping by! If you’re referencing the outcomes, it isn’t currently possible to pass those to Hubspot, but I have shared this with our integrations team for feedback. Though, if you have one or two questions on your form that determine the outcomes, I think I have a workaround that should help trigger a workflow for you. If you don’t mind sharing your form, I can take a peek to see!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Liz Here’s a link to my quiz https://friedmansocialmedia.com/marketing-quiz

There are 3 possible outcomes. My goal would be to tell HubSpot which outcome a person got and then put that person into an email sequence tailored to their outcome.

Thanks for looking at this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @brad.friedman got it - thanks! We don’t currently record or pass the outcomes to Hubspot, but I have shared this with our product team. One workaround could be to pass the data through Zapier using their filters feature, which would then allow you to specify the workflows the respondents could be added to based on the answers they provide in the form. Would that help at all? :grinning:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Liz Thank you! I was hoping Zapier would not be the solution to this, but I thought it might end up here. Am I going to be able to easily integrate Zapier with Typeform? Thanks for your help with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Heya @brad.friedman :wave::sunny:

Since this is currently not available using Typeform only, I thought I’d chime in and show you how I’d go about automating this whole process (i.e. collecting form submissions, creating HubSpot contacts and distributing three types of emails) with Integromat.

First of all, I had to set up my Typeform form, of course. I freestyled my way through this with some very basic questions for the purpose of testing the automation.
My questions:

1. What company do you work for? (In my case, this is the question with three possible outcomes. I set ‘Alpha’, ‘Beta’ and ‘Gamma’ as the three options because I love the Greek alphabet :sweat_smile: )
  2. What’s your email address? (to be passed to HubSpot when creating the contact)
  3. What’s your first name? (to be passed to HubSpot when creating the contact)
  4. What’s your last name? (to be passed to HubSpot when creating the contact)

Now it’s time to move over to the Integromat workflow builder :nerd:

1.  Select the Typeform ‘Watch Responses’ module. Within the module, add your Typeform account connection, set the maximum number of results returned within one run (I chose three because I wanted to test the three possible outcomes of the submissions) and select the form you want to watch. In the Fields section, add the individual questions you want to collect the information from.
  1. Connect the HubSpot ‘Create a Record’ module. Add your HubSpot account connection, choose the record type to be created (in this case it’s ‘Contact’) and the Property Groups you want to push to HubSpot (here, it’s ‘Contact Information’).

1. In the same module, map the information you want to collect from the previous Typeform module. These are the ‘Mappable answers’ to the questions in your form (in my case: company name, email, first name, last name).
  1. Add a router from the ‘Tools’ section at the bottom of the builder.
  1. Connect three Email or Gmail ‘Send an email’ modules to the router. Each module will be sending a different email based on the outcome of the ‘What company do you work for?’ question.

1. In order to send relevant data to the corresponding Email/Gmail modules, we need to set up a few filters. Click the wrench symbol on the dotted line between the router and each Email or Gmail module. The condition you want to meet here is: If the answer to the question (‘What company do you work for?’equals ‘Alpha’, an ‘Alpha Email’ is sent (the same goes for the filters for ‘Beta’ and ‘Gamma’).
  1. Set each of the Email or Gmail modules. Connect your account, map the recipient of the email from the previous HubSpot module and enter the subject and body of the email. (I chose ‘Alpha Subject’ and ‘Alpha Content’ to highlight that this email is related to the ‘Alpha’ option out of the three possibilities).
  1. Run the scenario once to make sure there are no errors. 
  1. Schedule the scenario to run whenever you need it by clicking the clock icon on the Typeform module
  1. Finally, don’t forget to slide the ‘Scheduling’ button in the left bottom corner to the ‘on position’ to switch your automation on.

For my testing purposes, these HubSpot contacts were created:

And I received different emails for each out of the three possible answers to ‘What company do you work for?’ :

And that’s it :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oo! So fancy, @Michaela ! 

If you need any other help, @brad.friedman , let me know! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you very much @Michaela and @Liz  I’m going to read through this a couple more times and then, if I have questions, I’ll let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @brad.friedman a very belated update, but wanted to let you know you can now send both scores and quiz outcomes to Hubspot now! You can read more about this here

Hope you have a great new year!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's great to know, Liz!

Have you had the opportunity to send scores and quiz outcomes to Hubspot yet @brad.friedman? Let us know once you do! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes. The quiz I am currently running sends scores to HubSpot. I created a custom field in Contacts and mapped the quiz results to that field. It works great. My problem has been getting people to take the quiz :)

Brad

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'm happy your quiz is working, @brad.friedman! Yay! :heart_eyes:

Ah, yes! That's a very common issue. Have you had the opportunity to watch the last webinar we had? @James talked to Bellini Slushie to understand how our creators can find respondents to their form!

I suggest you take a look to see if it helps! Hoping it will! 

Have a nice day! :sunny:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you! I'll watch that Webinar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@brad.friedman Amazing! It'd be great if you could let us know your thoughts about it once you watch it! :wink:

Hi @brad.friedman a very belated update, but wanted to let you know you can now send both scores and quiz outcomes to Hubspot now! You can read more about this here

Hope you have a great new year!

Hi @Liz,

I tried to setup my Typeform integration with HubSpot, so that the Winning Outcome (aka Ending screen) result is passed (as per your documentation) to a custom field in the Contact object. However it doesn’t pass the data as expected.

Setup

Here are my integration settings in Typeform:

Here is the custom attribute settings in HubSpot:

Testing

I tested filling out a form. Here is the response, where you can see that the Ending (and therefore the Winning Outcome) is ‘Professionele Diëter’.

Looking in HubSpot, the form submission was successful, but the attribute I mapped in the integration did not get filled. HubSpot’s error message is ‘This value wasn't passed to the Contact record. '*Professionele diëter*' isn't one of the allowed options.’. Even though, clearly it is one of the options I set up.

Settings all seem fine on both sides. I also checked field permission restrictions in HubSpot and they are not available in my plan (so there are none).

I’m really stuck at this point! Could you please help out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Josh92 Thanks so much for sharing all these screenshots - so helpful! I think the issue is the field type in Hubspot. For an outcome, you’ll want to map it to a multi-line text field. This article here has a bit more information on mapping. 

Let me know if that doesn’t work!

Thanks @Liz for the response! Ah, this is handy. I hadn’t read the mappings docs so I will try this. Some feedback - it would be better if Typeform doesn’t care what field type it is filling in another system. For example in this case, I’d like to use a drop-down in HubSpot, as this data can be updated by a user later on using pre-selected options ensuring data quality. So because of Typeform, I’m now limiting how I manage my data in HubSpot. Could I request this to be updated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Josh92 Oh yeah, I totally agree. I passed along the feedback already and also requested some sort of notification if the field types don’t match. 😀