Answered

Can you programmatically connect TypeForm to Google Sheets?

• 15 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I would like to know if I can use TypeForms API to automatically connect Google Sheets with a new form and share out the Google Sheets with a specified email address.  

If not, is there a tool that performs this workflow?

Here is the flow:

1. User creates new form
  2. TypeForm connects with Google Sheets with connected Google account
  3. Creates a new spreadsheet using the same name as the form title 
icon

Best answer by mathio 23 August 2022, 12:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @coop3254 All of our integrations require you to manually integrate them in the Typeform builder with each individual form. I don’t believe we have any workarounds for this, but @picsoung or @mathio might know a hack!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @picsoung and @mathio!  I built this platform called The Players Circle on TypeForm to help parents find basketball camps for their kids anywhere in the world.  Our camp directors love the Google Sheets feature that we manually integrate when we create a new camp registration form.  Is there anyway we can automate this integration and share out to a specific email address?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @coop3254 

as @Liz already mentioned in order to enable integration in your typeform you need to do it manually.

However there might be an approach where you will integrate this manually using Typeform API and Google Sheets API. Please bear with me, as I have never used the Google Sheets API so my knowledge might be limited.

I think you could build a custom integration like this:

1A: Typeform integration:

1. integrate Typeform Webhook and receive data from each new submission

1B: Typeform integration (alternative). You will need to run this via cron every few minutes.

1. retrieve all typeforms from your account 
  2. then retrieve responses for each typeform

2: Google sheet integration:

1. get typeform response data from step 1 (A or B)
  2. create Google Sheet for each typeform (if it does not exist already)
  3. you should be able to share the sheet via Google Drive API too
  4. format typeform responses and write them into the sheet

Please let me know if you build this integration. I can also help with the Typeform part if you need any further help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @coop3254 I hope you’re doing well! Were you able to give any of the solutions above a try? 😀 Let us know how they went!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks @Liz and @mathio!  We are currently have an integration that is similar to suggestion 1A but prefer the Google Sheets sharing because our customers want to receive the data in Sheets so they can add additional columns to the spreadsheet for organizing their teams of registrants.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sorry if this was not clear from my answer, but my suggestion 1A is intended to be paired with 2.

You can receive receive each response in the webhook and then you can integrate with Google Sheets manually (populate the sheet).