Answered

Connecting two VideoAsks with a Typeform

• 13 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We have a survey that was originally developed in VideoAsk that will be re-released shortly. In the re-release, we plan to ask one ranking question. Rather than recreating the whole survey in Typeform, is it possible to split the VideoAsk in two and set it up so that it flows as follows:

VideoAsk Pt. 1 → Typeform Ranking Q → VideoAsk Pt. 2?

Note that we will need to pass contact information between all three; is it possible to do this without having to ask for the respondent’s contact information a 2nd time?

icon

Best answer by Grace 14 March 2023, 09:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Davin Thanks for stopping by! I think you could do this ( @Grace can share a bit more about passing data in/out of your VideoAsk), but my suggestion would be to keep it all in VideoAsk, if possible. 

While I’m all for using both of our products, I’d hate for you to lose data if someone didn’t finish one part of the form!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Davin great question! As Liz says you can pass contact details between a typeform and videoask (or the other way round) so this set up would be possible - have a look at our Help Center article here on setting that up.

I would agree with Liz though, a bit worried someone might drop off and not complete all three stages of the process - you’d also be collecting answers in two different places as it’s not currently possible to connect the two inboxes 🤔 although if you export your results to something like Google Sheets you could probably have them all in one place that way… but of course totally up to you - depends on how you need to view the responses! 

Let us know how it goes, or if there’s anything else we can help with 😊