Question

conversion tracking | GTM

• 24 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to track submissions on 3 different typeforms using Google Tag Manager for 3 Reddit ‘conversion’ ad permutations. Should I be connecting each typeform to the same container, or different containers? 

My goal is to track each form submission, and be able to tell which survey was filled out. However, these forms are not embedded on our landing page, and I’m getting errors when testing the first container I set up. I’m currently using the Reddit pixel tag for each typeform & the pageview → event type: form submission trigger. I’m not sure why I’m encountering issues or if this is even the best approach to tracking the submissions of these forms. 

Any suggestions, help, or feedback would be most appreciated.

Thank you! 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tarauh Thanks for stopping by the community! I hope you had a great weekend. Do you mind sending a photo of the error message you’re receiving? Thanks in advance!

Hi Liz,

Thank you for your reply. The error is GTM saying it’s not connected (see picture below)

Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @tarauh ! It looks like you might not have GTM set up correctly. Do you have the integration connected according to these steps? GTM shouldn’t be trying to connect to the Typeform domain. 

Hi, @Liz. Yes, I integrated the form with the GTM container & also added the Reddit Pixel tag. I have several different forms I want to in a Reddit conversion campaign. Should I be integrating each form to the same container or integrating different forms to different containers? For reference, this is how the tag configuration appears in GTM for the test I did that gave me the errors I previously mentioned. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hm, @mathio do you happen to have any experience with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz I am sorry but I have no experience with GTM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tarauh I asked our tech team about this, and they gave me the following information: 

By default, no events are being tracked in GTM, the events are tracked in Google Analytics integration. Even if you add a GA tag inside a GTM tag and connect the GTM tag to typeform, unless that GA tag that is inside the GTM is connected to tyepform too, the events won’t track. Sorry if this is a bit of confusing. In short, you need to :

1. Connect your GA to typeform.
2. Add the connected GA tag to GTM
3. Connect GTM to typeform. If that doesn’t work for you, as a workaround some customers have managed to track by setting up a trigger like in the screenshot below. Note though, that this is not a functionality that’s supported by us so we can provide any more guidance besides that.

See an example here!