Answered

Cookie consent - link vs embedded?

• 19 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m building a website for a new product. We have some kind of early access for people who register for it. Registration is done using TypeForm, including a couple of more questions related to how they would use the application. Along with that we ask the person to input their email so we can contact them when the application is available to use.

On our website, we do not use any cookies, because we do not use any kind of tracking of personal information. I would like it to stay that way to avoid cookie consent popup.

If I need to have a Call to Action on my website that redirects the user to the mentioned TypeForm, is any kind of cookie consent needed? If so, is it enough to have TypeForm’s built in cookie consent of the form.

And what about if I want to embed the TypeForm as a popup in my website?

icon

Best answer by Liz 19 January 2024, 16:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @zvonimir.matic Thanks for stopping by the community! This is a great question, and I think it really depends on where you live and the information you’re collecting. I would suggest reaching out to who you receive legal advice from because they’ll be able to understand the data you’re collecting and how you’re collecting it and advise you on what you’ll need to do with the cookie consent from a legal standpoint.