Skip to main content

Hello! I understand all of the preliminary steps for this, but when it comes to just creating the custom conversion I’m unsure what to place in the “Rules” section at the bottom of the window when making the custom conversion in Meta’s Events Manager;

Normally I’d use a “URL contains (xyz word appearing in a domain’s / ), but a Typeform URL doesn’t change each page of a form. i.e. Normally I’d make like a “URL contains” : “submission” like if the domain was companyname.pro.typeform.com/form/submissioncomplete or something - 

Also, wondering if in the “standard events for optimization” if I should put Meta’s option for “Leads” or just leave it blank for this custom conversion.

Photo below of the custom conversion creation window.

I’d appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

Hi @Zozo Welcome to the community! This is a great question that I realize we don’t have a specific guide on. 

For the URL section, I think it would make sense to put form ID, which can be found in bold in the URL like this example: 

hithere.typeform.com/to/dfiwDFuejd

However, I believe this would be a URL parameter since you already have the TypeformSubmit event listed in the conversion. 

Additionally, I would leave the selection where it asks what kind of standard event you want to track until you get the custom conversion up and running properly! Then, you can see if this is something you need to specify or not. 

Hey @Liz, thanks for your reply! Okay cool, I’ll try using the form id in the Rule’s “URL contains”.

I’d worried about that triggering the same thing as typeform first interaction instead of a submission is the only thing, but I bet you’re right and maybe Meta just parses it out/only triggers this at the end.

I’ll report back just in case 🙏

p.s. Hey again @Liz, just a heads up that this didn’t seem to work for some reason, the custom conversion hasn’t been seen as active still by Meta.

The Meta Pixel Helper chrome extension does show that the pixel is correctly firing on the Typeform though. 

In case any other ideas come up, thanks!

Hi @Zozo Ah shoot, I’m sorry this didn’t work! Do you mind sharing the form URL so I can take a look at the embed? I just want to be sure I’m not missing anything obvious in the embed itself that could be causing the issue.