Answered

Delimiter issue with multi-select data. Splitting up answer cleanly for Google Sheet possible?

• 17 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello all,

The problem is when I integrate multi-selection question with Google sheet, the selections were passed with a comma delimiter without escape / parentheses.    I am trying to split them up and place them into an array in Integromat.

Example:

Select:

• Answer A with comma, and a “double quote”
  • Answer B with comma, and a “double quote”
  • Answer C with comma, and a “double quote”

The result is pass into a Google cell like this:

Answer A with comma, and a “double quote”, Answer B with comma, and a “double quote”, Answer C with comma, and a “double quote”

I can’t easily split it up.  It would be nice if it has some escape characters or parentheses.

I am trying to pass the answers in an array form on Integromat but couldn’t do it if I cannot split it up cleanly.  Ideally ending up something like:

[“Answer A with comma, and a \“double quote\””, “Answer B with comma, and a \“double quote\””, “Answer C with comma, and a \“double quote\””]

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 18 March 2021, 20:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ambrose thanks for stopping by! The downside with our native integration is we don’t have a way to format how the data is output at this time. :( One workaround I can think of would be to create a formula in Google Sheets that can edit the data for you, though this would be a bit time consuming. I’ll ask around to my colleagues to see if anyone has a workaround they can think of, but if you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Hi, I’m having the same delimiter issue is looks like 2 years later from the person who posted originally.  Has this been resolved. I.e. using a semicolon or pipe to delimit as when I try to separate the possible answers, I’m separating the answers themselves as they contain commas. ugh.   Any advise / help with this would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @StyleboyC In our native integration, this isn’t a feature we have, but you could create a formula to format this as you’d like.