Answered

Duplicate typeform with Connections

• 1 February 2021
  • 5 replies

• I have one master survey that I use as my template to copy from.
  • The only difference between my surveys are a logo and a name (brand them with the prospect’s information).
  • The Google Sheet & Slack connections are 100% the same from survey to survey. But when I duplicate, those connections get lost and I have to manually do them every single time. With our anticipated volume of surveys, we need those connections to come with the duplication to save time and reduce human errors. Has anyone else figured this out?
icon

Best answer by Mariana 1 February 2021, 19:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, @alexbuckles. Thanks for joining our Community! 🎉

At the moment, it is not possible to keep integrations when duplicating a form. The new form will create a new URL too, and any necessary integration will need to be connected the same way you did with the previous form.

So I can understand your use case and pass it on to our Product team as feedback, can you share more details about this and also how often this happens? Thanks in advance! 😊

Userlevel 2

Hi @alexbuckles this is something we have discussed in the past but have more questions than answers for. Out of curiosity, what part of the integration setup would you need to retain for each copy of the form?

e.g. slack: same slack account? same channel? same mapping?

google sheets: same account? same spreadsheet? …

would love to get a better sense of the full picture

Hello Everyone, once I have one master survey that I use as my template to copy from. And I have following issues regarding duplication of type form.

• The only difference between my surveys are a logo and a name (brand them with the prospect’s information).
  • The Google Sheet & Slack connections are 100% the same from survey to survey. But when I duplicate, those connections get lost and I have to manually do them every single time. With our anticipated volume of surveys, we need those connections to come with the duplication to save time and reduce human errors. Has anyone else figured this out?

Thanks in Advance

Regards: Diksha

I would also LOVE to be able to duplicate connections. They are all the exact same and a lot of time to re-set up each time

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @saleenajohn  and @Consciouscounsel. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback!

Do you mind answering @Francois (Typeform)'s questions? 

What part of the integration setup would you need to retain for each copy of the form?

e.g. slack: same slack account? same channel? same mapping?

google sheets: same account? same spreadsheet? …

would love to get a better sense of the full picture

This will be extremely helpful for us! =)