Answered

Embed Typeform to complete within a PDF brcohure

• 26 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Is it possible to embed a Typeform in a PDF brochure.  Not a link which jumps out to the form in a browser but actually the form is completable and submitted whilst within/ veiwing the PDF?

icon

Best answer by mathio 3 October 2022, 10:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mac Have you seen our Canva integration? This might solve what you’re looking for!

Thanks for your reply Liz, much apprecaited.  We’re a professional design agency looking at ways to include the typeform functionality into existing workflow so Canva’s not really suitable.

Are you saying it is not possible to embed Typeform in PDF’s?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mac It would depend then on your PDF builder. With Canva, you can host the PDF online so it can be interactive. In a usual PDF, you would need to hyperlink to anything external, so it all comes down to how you’re building the PDF/where you’re hosting it/etc. 

I have the same question, and I understand the above responses but using the Typeform in Canva and then downloading it as a PDF (Standard) for emailing, the interactive feature of the Typeform page doesn’t work.  Could you provide more detail in how to keep the interactive function of the Typeform?  I need to include it as the final page to a brochure which I need to lock as a PDF so it isn’t editable.

Thank you in advance!

DCT

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DCTPlanner If you’re exporting the form into a PDF, it isn’t possible (that I’m aware of) to have an interactive Typeform in the PDF. I believe this all needs to be hosted in a browser. 

Though, @mathio  @picsoung @Scot have any of you seen a way for something like this to work? 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I dont think it is possible. Same as it is not possible to print a typeform 😃 Typeform forms are web applications and they needs to be rendered in browser in order to function at all.

Thank you. So, I can only send it through an online “interactive” platform and not in an electronic brochure?  I use Canva to create my brochure, and the Typeform works inside of that, however, I convert the Canva doc into a PDF to send to my client as I do not want it to be editable. I suppose I will just need to send the Typeform as a separate link in the email with the brochure. Does that sound like the most viable option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, you will need to send your typeform separately. You can link to your form from the PDF.

If you want at least some interaction to happen in the PDF I think you might be able to use the embed code for email and put that into your Canva file. Your respondents will see first question in the PDF itself and when they interact with it a browser should open. (Just a guess, I havent tried this with Canva, but it could work.)