Answered

Embedded buttons do not work

Anyone had this button problem before?

In the 4 endings to my assessment, each has a button linked to an outside page. These work when I’m on my typeform subdomain...the outside pages load just fine when not using typeform. However, when I embed my assessment on my website (with SSL) the buttons do not load up the outside page. They show a color change for the clicked state...but nothing goes further.

The assessment is embedded as a full page, here:  https://www.trust2connect.com/assessment-damaged-trust

Love any help...Trust2Jack

icon

Best answer by mathio 10 October 2021, 14:00

View original

10 replies

The widget won’t let me edit my original message, but I can add that the problem persists even when NOT embedded full screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@trust2jack - hey and happy late Friday evening (for me anyway)

I did a walk through of the form at the link and i did note that the link on the ending button doesn’t go anywhere. (the social media icons do connect so that seems to indicate there is nothing blocking access ‘to the interweb’ from the ending page)

Could you take a screen capture of ending page and the details of the button link from your Create/admin? I just want to check some of the details there to be sure.. 

i probably won’t catch this until early morning Saturday but will check back to see if there is a reply

thanks

des

sure thing, John. Thanks for checking in on me! There are no trailing spaces after the URL, I checked...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@trust2jack - looks good from this end.. have you done a test to replace the current link with another? ie sending then to typeform.com, etc?  just something to see if ‘any’ link works?

failing that, suggest raising a help ticket at this link - that way you will have two vectors looking into it. 

sorry i don’t have a silver bullet this morning lol

des

Thanks, Des...all efforts are kindly accepted. I’m just now replying to a tech support email that also is asking for a screen shot etc. I have four different endings, going to separate pages hosted on clickfunnels. I’ll try your suggestion and test sending to different domains, to see what happens...should have thought of that. 

And, believe me—just having contact with someone who is on my side, is a silver bullet.

Just checking in with new information on my own lack of real progress.

As @john.desborough suggested, I tried two additional, separate URLs for the destination of my buttons. One to typeform.com and one to my own website. Same results...my typeform page just sits there when you click the button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@trust2jack - good to hear that support is on top of this.. I just tried embedding the code, from a new test form, to a send a user to a feedback form at Keap (where i keep my stuff). I tried all the different types of embed on my godaddy site and had the same issue you are experiencing. 

if i put a URL link to the keap form on the ending page, that works fine and takes me to the page but not the button. 

so i am going to be interested in the outcome result you get from support.. 

Now i think that there is a post somewhere in the community by either @mathio or @picsoung that might have covered this, but i can’t put my finger on it (hence why i tagged those two awesome Typeform-ers!)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello,

I think I have seen this issue before. Your Wix page has na iframe with this HTML page which is embedding your typeform. When you open the HTML page directly, the redirect works.

Wix is sandboxing our embed code in an additional iframe to secure your website from 3rd party code. However in this case this protection provided by Wix is preventing your typeform from redirecting correctly.

How did you insert typeform embed code into your Wix page? Maybe there is a way to prevent Wix from creating the sandbox?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mathio - thanks for hopping in.. that’s what i thought i remembered you having stated on another post but was not sure.. 

@trust2jack - this may be something to check with the Wix support team… 

des

Any updates on this?  I am having this exact same issue.  Very frustrating!  I am now paying for Typeform monthly on the Plus plan and am unable to use it!

Typeform support sent me to Wix support.  Wix support said there is nothing they can do because it is 3rd party code, and referred me back to Typeform support.

Trying to update the HTML code of the element using info from this article, but having no success:

https://support.wix.com/en/article/velo-working-with-the-html-iframe-element