Answered

Embedded forms don't load in mobile

• 11 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

My site uses SSL. I’m using a template with only some changed text so no complex logic or steps. I use Siteground as my host. The direct URL to the form works fine on desktop and mobile. Any embedded code works fine on desktop.

The embedded code fails to load on mobile. I have to tap the screen a few times or refresh and then sometimes the form loads and other times I get a form refused to connect error. TF Support is insisting it’s on my end but I tested every which way including having others test with different devices, live monitoring with my host and disabling all plugins and themes. Any ideas would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by mathio 12 November 2021, 16:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Keith_ 

it is possible you have another script in your page that breaks your embedded typeform. Can you please share your typeform URL and siteground URL? I will have a look to see what might be the problem.

Badge

Hello @Keith_ 

it is possible you have another script in your page that breaks your embedded typeform. Can you please share your typeform URL and siteground URL? I will have a look to see what might be the problem.

Thanks @mathio . Here’s the link - https://staging2.twinsmagazine.com/contributor-form/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It looks like our support was right after all. It looks like you are using lazy loading of JavaScript on your Wordpress site (which is enabled by 3rd party library). I found this WP Rocket documentation related to your issue. Hope it helps!

Badge

@mathio, thanks for checking the link. From the several support replies, I don’t believe they actually tried the link and could have saved several days of back and forth if they had. Not a great experience for my first time using the product. I appreciate your checking and providing some useful feedback. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Keith_ Glad to hear @mathio ‘s solution worked, and I’ll send that feedback to our support team. If you have any other questions, please let us know!