Question

Embedded Typeform only loads on Refresh

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi - I’ve read a few posts about this but can’t figure why my form only loads on refresh. 

https://brendanryan.ie/GET-A-QUOTE/1

The website is built using a photography specific platform APhotoFolio 

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. 

Thanks, 

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brendan1234 Thanks for stopping by the community. I haven’t used the builder APhotoFolio, but I’m guessing this might be similar to the issue we’ve had with Squarespace embeds. 

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of how you’ve added the form to your website? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Liz, 

Thanks for your reply. The website uses HTML pages… I’ve attached a screenshot here

Userlevel 1
Badge

When I go directly to the link the form work 

when I click on the menu item the form doesn’t load and needs to be refreshed...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Very Unusual - when I set it to open in new window it loads but can’t seem to get it to load within the same page without a refresh. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Huh, thanks for sharing this, @Brendan1234 . @mathio do you happen to have any idea why it wouldn’t be loading on the first try? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your help Liz. My website support are looking into it too but I might need to come up with a different solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio ‘s pretty good at getting to the bottom of it, so hopefully both teams together will solve the issue! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Brendan1234 

since your website is loading content dynamically (as single-page app) the <div> with your typeform is injected dynamically. You need to run window.tf.load() when the specific page loads.

Alternatively you can use our embed SDK directly to render the embedded form in your page on navigation event using window.tf.createWidget method.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Many thanks mathio 

Thats a little bit over my head but I’ll send it to my web support and hopefully they’ll be able to figure it out from here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @Brendan1234 !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Liz - Unfortunately not getting very far. 

@mathio I’m not sure where to put the window.tf.load code. With my site I have 2 options in the site head for javascript or the page for html

I almost had a little bit of luck running a html refresh code but I got stuck in a constant refresh loop 😅

Userlevel 1
Badge

Got it working by using an iframe - very simple solution 

Thanks for your help

Brendan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad it worked with an iFrame, @Brendan1234 ! Let us know if you need help with anything else. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You should include your embed code as you did before and then put the a window.tf.load() (with no attributes) into a script that is executed after your page is loaded. Eg. into a function that handles the navigation event. I am sorry but I am not familiar with the website builder you are using, you will need to consult their documentation or support.

Of course using an iframe is an option as well, if you are not using any advanced features provided by embed SDK. Just keep in mind we do not provide support for custom embeds without the SDK.