F.A.Q.

FAQ: Integrate Your Typeform

• 19 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

We know it might be tricky to get to know all the possibilities you have when integrating your Typeform account. You may wonder why certain integrations aren’t working or providing the expected outcome. That’s why we’re here! 😁

To get started, here are some common questions related to this topic:

Why is Typeform listed as a “direct source” in Google Analytics? How can I track the source of my forms in Google Analytics?

It certainly helps to know where your respondents are finding you. :) You may see “direct source” listed in Google Analytics because our forms don’t currently have a native functionality for cross-domain tracking.

A workaround for this would be to follow the setup utilizing hidden fields to pass these values into Google Analytics. 

Have more than a few sources you’d like to capture dynamically? Dive into the more advanced setup below!

1. Make sure you have connected your typeform to Google Analytics. Check out our help center article for more info.

2. Go to Typeform Builder (Create Panel) and add two hidden fields to your form.

3. Name them utm_source and utm_medium. It should look something like this:

5brdvy1zLNbYQdZFZqWbDi7i_oUcPr7ZifZXBiim7__J4sJYXvWH7byB_uv-DqGVIsGnU1xyMptffaZzfeWE62fjKYrD9H9JLULOZyj6nQisYpWB11ux7r3AYYzuDBY98Q07XGOk

The URL on the right side now displays differently to include the hidden fields.

3. Now when you share your typeform, modify those values to contain information related to your hidden fields and those will show in Google Analytics. Here is an example of how the data should appear below:

https://hellothere.typeform.com/to/t6YZgb?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=online_marketing&utm_campaign=summer

4. This is how it would show in my Analytics:

Zg4QXW515Jc0-fRDQzwheta4YCMFztYwdWs2nHdTftQCCzcsIyWV6bbGMx9CVy9BziBnpRWeDfLwYv00dS11VSZ5wJ5Rc2_y-mXHSxoy-89szPgUHF08MIJzFXhWkt2PHU6MK2Vg

Why aren’t the fields matching when I set up my Airtable integration?

There’s nothing more frustrating than a setup error! The answer fields in Typeform must exactly match the answers you have available in Airtable. Oftentimes, the simple fix is removing any spaces after the answers or correcting uppercase/lowercase differences.

How can I track my Google Ads in Typeform?

It helps to know where your advertising dollars are well-spent. :) While we don’t have a native integration with Google Ads, we do have a workaround that may be of use. 

If this workaround doesn’t function for you, we recommend contacting a savvy tech friend to help further with this setup since it requires custom code. 

You can follow these steps:

1. Install Analytics on the Typeform

2. Create a goal based on the "On Submit" Event on Typeform

3. Connect Analytics Goals To Google Ads

Why did my Google Sheet disconnect?

We hope that your Google Sheet doesn’t disconnect, but there are some cases in which the integration will stop functioning. These happen when: 

• Editing the Google sheet in any manner, such as changing the design or removing/editing fields

• Deleting data in the Google Sheet

• Hitting Google’s rate limit of 500 requests per 100 seconds

• Reaching over 2 million cells in the Google Sheet

• Naming the sheet exactly the same as your Typeform

If none of these seem to match the issue on your form, contact our support team so we can take a further look. :)

Why doesn’t my new Google Analytics UID work in Typeform?

Ah, another Google update! 😄 

Google recently rolled out the new generation of G-UIDs. To connect your Typeform to Google Analytics,  you’ll need to create a new property type using these steps. Once done, you can see how to integrate with Google Analytics on your form using this help center article.

⚠️ If you have checked this post and the others from this category but still haven’t found your answer, don’t hesitate to hit the new post button and start a new discussion. We’re excited to see all the tips and suggestions our creators have to share - and we hope you are too! 🚀

Enjoy!

5 replies

What’s the best way to have typeform on my website as a contact form but also allow access to my calendar so prospects can book consultations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Coach Kalina great question! It depends a bit on what calendar system you’re using. If you happen to be using Calendly, I created a tutorial here that can help you set this up. :) 

If you’re using a different calendar system, let me know which one, and I can see if it’s possible to pass data from Typeform to that service. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey guys!
Whats the best way to get the UTM info when I have my typeform embeeded on my Landing Page.

Using the UTM Info on type form link doesn’t work, because my first interaction with users is on my Landing Page.

One example of my URL with UTM is: https://www.laiob.com/promocao-laiob-e-estudar-fora/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=post_timeline&utm_campaign=akronfeb22&utm_content=organico

How can I make the hidden field get this UTM Info?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey guys!
Whats the best way to get the UTM info when I have my typeform embeeded on my Landing Page.

Using the UTM Info on type form link doesn’t work, because my first interaction with users is on my Landing Page.

One example of my URL with UTM is: https://www.laiob.com/promocao-laiob-e-estudar-fora/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=post_timeline&utm_campaign=akronfeb22&utm_content=organico

How can I make the hidden field get this UTM Info?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Murilo Webber thanks for stopping by! The post below has the instructions to follow to pass the UTM variables in an embedded form. If you have any troubles setting this up, please let us know!