Answered

Forms to Docs to Sign to Email

• 24 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Typeform Community, 

I’ve tried contacting Typeform support and have not received responses to multiple follow ups. No idea why. (Is this typical of Typeform support?) But I do love this community support function.

Currently my company uses Formstack (formerly WebMerge) to create Forms that merge to Documents that are then sent for Digital Signatures and finally, the completed documents are saved in a shared drive and/or emailed off to the appropriate people. 

Is this something that Typeform can accomplish as well using merging, API’s and integrations? Does anyone here have first hand experience in creating these workflows and merges? 

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 February 2021, 21:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SandonJ thanks for joining the community! Glad to have you here. 

I reached out to our support team, and they have received your emails. Their queue has been a bit busy recently, but they’re working through tickets as fast as they can in the order of account priority. 

@john.desborough actually has a setup he uses with Document Studio, which is an add-on in Google. This may not be exactly the workflow you’re thinking, but they shared a bit about their setup below: 

We also have quite a few other integrations that may do the trick so you don’t even have to use the APIs (unless you’re a techie person like me!). You can see some of those integrations here, but I think as long as you connect your Typeform to a document creator, you should be good to go! There are a few there like PlumSign and WebMerge that can collect signatures, too, within the document. 

Thanks for the reply!

Support has just referred me to figuring it out on my own with no real answer on whether any of the functions I asked about are supported or not. I’d rather not trial and error my way through something if it won’t work in the end anyway. I’ll check out your suggestions but so far, I’m not hopeful lol 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@SandonJ I’ll share your feedback with the support team - thanks for bringing that up! It will probably require a bit of trial and error to figure out what will work best for you, but we’ll be here to help you in case you do get stuck! We’ve had quite a few customers successful with creating docs with signatures from typeform responses, so it should be possible. :) 

Have you given Plumsail a try by chance (or Document Studio)? I know you’ve used Formstack previously, so if you’re looking for another alternative, Plumsail might be another option to try!