Answered

Forwarding a subdomain to a published Typeform

• 25 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to forward a certain subdomain we own to a published typeform I created. Our domain is with GoDaddy and in the management console you can create a forwarding entry. I see that GoDaddy automatically add two entries which point at some AWS infrastructure, where I guess typeform hosts published content. I haven’t created a page for that subdomain, I want users to be redirected right away by the DNS (which is usually possible)

When I browse to the subdomain, I see that the browser is being forwarded but then there is no response...I’m wondering if the typeform infrastructure is rejecting the request because the host within the HTTP request must likely be my own domain…

icon

Best answer by mathio 7 March 2022, 14:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @db1981 Welcome to the community! For the best results, you’ll want to embed the form onto your website directly. I don’t believe we support domain forwarding (or at least I haven’t seen it work in the past), but @mathio or @picsoung do you mind confirming? 

Badge +5

Another one where perhaps @Antonio’s wisdom may be useful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @db1981 

if you do a HTTP redirect that should work without any issues. I think you can not do this on DNS level though. Visitors will be redirected to your form on typeform.com domain (and the domain in browser navigation bar will change).

If you want to display typeforms on your own (sub)domain, there is a Custom domains (for Enterprise plus accounts).

An alternative could be hosting a HTML page on your domain with full-page embed of your typeform.