Answered

Guest Accounts in Stripe

• 26 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Anyone know the best way to get full customers into Stripe and then still bill through Typeform? 

Currently when you bill through Typeform it only makes a guest account where you can’t request other payments or setup subscriptions. What a headache….

icon

Best answer by Liz 3 February 2023, 16:07

View original

6 replies

Follow up - I know you can integrate Zapier to make Stripe accounts, but if you receive payment through Typeform will it run the full account? Or just make a guest one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @bdouglas24 Thanks for stopping by, and apologies for missing this. I’m afraid this isn’t a feature we offer through our integration. You would instead need to bill the respondent outside of the typeform if you’d like it to create an account for them. 

@Liz do you know if there are plans to update this so that payments made via typeform are not done as Guests? I really like using typeform as both a signup and questionnaire for my new clients, but our business runs on a recurring payment model and signing people up as Stripe Guests is something we can’t do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @eric77334 I’m afraid we don’t have any plans for this at this time. 😪

@Liz Thanks for your reply. I’ll probably proceed with a payment link that redirects to a typeform after payment is completed, although in some cases I’d prefer to have the payment in the middle of our onboarding questionnaire. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @eric77334 Totally understand! 

This is just a thought offhand, depending on how you redirect the Stripe link, but it could be cool to have the Stripe payment on your website and also have something like, “Next Steps” or “What to expect next” after the payment! I do that on one of the contracts I have and it’s deflected a lot of “what now” emails.