Question

Help bug - 'Number' element on Android - Super zoom

• 15 February 2022
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Typeform community!

We have embedded a Typeform on our Shopify website as a critical step of our customer journey. 

Everything is working fine on desktop and iOS. 

However, on Android, bad new → when our customer reaches a ‘Number’ or ‘Text’ question, it zooms in (big time) and the experience is strongly degraded. People have to zoom out to read the question and answer it correctly (see screenshot below of the ‘landing screen’).

Would you guys know how to solve this? 

Thank you very much!!
Paul

Link to our Typeform : https://w8jfucyghzc.typeform.com/to/s8Ea2tY0?utm_source=xxxxx&utm_medium=xxxxx&utm_campaign=xxxxx&utm_term=xxxxx&utm_content=xxxxx#email=xxxxx&first_name=xxxxx&last_name=xxxxx&customer_id=xxxxx

Printscreen of the ‘landing screen’ on Android phones :

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @paul-omaj 

can you please also share the URL of your embedded typeform? Does this also happen when you access your typeorm directly (not embedded)? What android device (including Android system version) and which browser are you using?

I just tested your form on Android 11 device in Chrome browser and it worked fine.

Userlevel 1

Hi Mathio, 

Thank you for your quick response. 

The bug happened on a Huawei VOG L04 operating under Android 10 (MUI 10.1.0) in a Chrome browser (Chrome 98.0.4758.87), as well as a Xiaomi MI 9 SE operating under Android 11(MUI 12.0.4) in a Chrome browser (Chrome 98.0.4758.101).

I also wrote to Typeform technical support and they seem to reproduce the bug (see printscreen below).

The Typeform on our website can be found here, but you need to be logged into a customer account to fill it in. 

Thank you for your help!

Best,

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nordin told me that the responsible team is already looking into it. I think you should get a response from him once it is solved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @paul-omaj Did you end up hearing from our support team? Let us know if so!

Userlevel 1

Nope, no news… 

It’s still an issue on our side though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@paul-omaj Our support team let us know the devs are looking into it, so keep us posted when you hear from them!

Hi! I was having the same problem. It seems that we could fix the problem by using this tag in the head of the html page:

<meta name="viewport" content= "width=device-width, user-scalable=no">

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing the solution, @zapsign ! :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @zapsign! Can you give us more details about how you were able to fix this problem?? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @paul-omaj Happy Tuesday! I hope you’re having a good week so far. 

Our tech support team let me know they sent you a workaround for this below. Let us know if this worked for you!

For the time being, you can use the workaround by adding the following to the head of their website and see if that works for them.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0">
Userlevel 1

Hi Liz, 
Thanks for following up on this. 

My team says the workaround does not work for us, unfortunately. 

We’ll sight tight until your tech guys hear back from Google but we are considering other options given this issue is in a critical part of our user journey.

Best,

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the update, @paul-omaj ! Let us know what they say. 😁

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi. I have the exact same issue, however it's only on one particular Android device. I've tested it on the exact same model on another phone and it's fine. It's also fine on many others brands. 

It's a Galaxy A71. Using the latest version of Chrome.

And it's not a number question. It's a short text question.

Very strange and frustrating. I'm continuing to test on different phones as I go.

The form can be found - https://testytuesday.com/test/machics-test.html

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi! I was having the same problem. It seems that we could fix the problem by using this tag in the head of the html page:

This work-around did work for me. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear that worked, @barriebramley ! Thanks for letting us know. 😀

I had the same issue and it works perfectly now !

Thank you for sharing this code.

I’m so happy with Typeform : )

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Graphi Thanks for letting us know that worked! 😀