Answered

Help Integrating Google Sheets - " You're trying to edit part of this sheet that shouldn't be changed accidentally"

• 15 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve integrated the TypeForm into Google Sheets and while trying to edit the data, every few minutes I get a pop-up saying “Heads Up! You’re trying to edit part of this sheet that shouldn’t be changed accidentally. Edit anyway?” And I must close the pop-up to continue working. I am the owner of the Sheet and the other Editors are not receiving this message.

Does anyone know how I can make this go away? Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 15 June 2021, 20:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Erin M - from another user here.

that first tab is the ‘dump’ page from Typeform.. I strongly recommend that you do not touch it .. even if it looks ugly and hard to read column headings

if you want to play with the data and make changes to headings, create another tab, call the columns something easier to read than the question from the typeform and then use the arrayformula() function to bring the data from the first tab into the second one every time there is a row added. 

this way you avoid the message you are getting and the (high) probability that you might mess up the integration between typeform and google sheets. 

just sayin’

des