Question

Hmm...not a perfect match integration issue

Hi there,

I am new to airtable and typeform integrations, and hoping the hive mind of the typeform community might be able to help. I have tried to troubleshoot myself and going round in circles- quite frustrating. 

After reading through issues others have had, it seems it’s not just me too. So far when I try and link a typeform question to an airtable field, some but not all of the connections work. 

For the integrations that don’t work I have

-double checked the content is the same in the two places, same punctuation, no * etc

-removed ‘other’ as an option

-checked it’s the same field type in both tools (for me, multi select)

-checked the typeform is published 

I’m wondering if the 22 options to answer the typeform is causing an issue? Is there a limit people have found with multiple choice questions?

Has anyone found a work around? Should I use Zapier? (But seems silly to me)

Any pointers would be much appreciated! 

Thank you. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Maxine M Do you have the ‘other’ option enabled? If so, this can cause that message, and you have to disable the option for the integration to work. 

Thanks @Liz for reading this- I have disabled the other option for the questions with integration issues. 

I’m not sure what to try next! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Maxine M If that didn’t work, could you send a screenshot of the question (and its answer options) with the issue, both in Typeform and Airtable? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Maxine M hope you’re doing ok! Don’t forget to share a couple of screen shots so Liz can take a look at this one 😊

I am having the same issues, have double checked everything, and still am unable to make it happen. I sent a ticket request a little earlier. Any updates here would be great since it was about 3 weeks ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JohnEchols Our support team let me know that they responded to your ticket most recently today. Did you receive that reply? 

Badge

Hey there - I am having this issue as well todaty. I was originally having this issue on quite a few of my questions and answers, but I went through and copied/pasted from Typeform to Airtable field options for ALL questions. Now they all match 100%. For the several questions that still won’t match up, I went and re-deleted the answer options in Airtable and re-copied and pasted exactly, No OTHER option is enabled. Here is a Loom recording of the process so you can see it in full: https://www.loom.com/share/79a156e92db44e849989e39d2a898ddf?sid=6699767e-2029-475d-bba3-eea8e13bfa06

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @justjack296 Commented on your other post 😀

Badge

@Liz - Thanks. Turned out I had a bit more to learn. You cannot fix these mismatches while still in the connection, you have to back out and then re-connect. Also bolded text in TF will cause a mismatch. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah good to know - thanks, @justjack296 !