Question

How can I change the form event category name in analytics?

• 29 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Getting data in GA which is great, but the form category name is just an ID. We will be running multiple forms eventually and need a better way to name them. Can this be done in TypeForm or will we need to set something up in Analytics to map form ID’s to an actual name?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @nickmartin! Thanks for your question. I'm tagging @mathio and @picsoung as I believe they'll be able to help you! 😉

Hi @Gabi Amaral any word from the others? I honestly thought this would be pretty straight forward?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @nickmartin! I've talked to our technical team and they sent me this article as a reference. 

Have you read it? It makes me think that you'd have to change the event category name on Google Analytics and not on our side. As soon as I have more info, I'll let you know 😊

@Gabi Amaral can you elaborate on this please? From the article you linked it says:

1. Category: your typeform's UID. Unless you’re using a custom form ending, these are the characters that appear at the end of a typeform URL.

We are using a custom form end screen, but I don’t see any options to change the category label or form UID. Is the “custom form ending” something else? If so what?

Surely I can’t bee the only one asking about this? I mean if a company is using 10 different TypeForms, then it’s impossible to see in Analytics which one is for what as they are all UIDs? 

Really no one else has this issue?