Answered

How can I sync file type to HubSpot?

Hi everyone

We have a challenge syncing files from TypeForm to HubSpot via the native integrator - for some reason the file type property is not coming up from HubSpot at all in the matching selector when we try to match the file type field from TypeForm.

Has anyone experienced similar behaviour and if so how it was sorted ?

Thanks,

Rob

P.S - I have contacted HubSpot Support and they told me that I should contact TypeForm Support :) - the usual process of ping-pong between different systems … 

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 January 2022, 22:03

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nia_llc thanks for stopping by our side of the table! 

We don’t currently support the file upload field, and you can read more about this here. :\ Though a workaround for this would be to integrate the two products together using Zapier. Would that work at all? :grinning:

hi @Liz thanks for the reply - unfortunately adding another layer in between typeform and hubspot for a file sync is not ideal, but thanks for the suggestion - we will consider it in case there is no other solution will be found - still not clear why everything else works via direct integration but the file sync ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@nia_llc I’ve shared the feedback with the product team, so I hope we can support the field soon. :smiley:

We’ve paid for Typeform so we can collect customer data more easily and then transfer this to Hubspot.  I’ve created a multiple logic path form and now interfacing this to Hubspot.  There are two issues:

1. The file interface doesn’t exist.  A partial interface is worse than none as you only discover the tool doesn’t do what you want after spending time to try and integrate.  We ask the customer to upload data and I now need to manually import this into Hubspot which removes the whole point to automatically integrating the platforms.
  2. There is no way to edit an integration.  If I need to make a change I need to delete the integration for the form and recreate it.  This can take considerable time if a change needs to be made.

@Liz could you please raise the priority of the file integration feature with Hubspot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michael LeVene Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback! While I’m not personally able to raise the priority on feature requests, the upside is that our product team has already been working on this. :grinning: We hope to have the new version of the integration released in October, but keep your eyes peeled in the Community for when it is!

Hi @Liz thanks for getting back to me.  I also noticed the date field doesn’t work either for integration to Hubspot.  Can you please raise this as another aspect of the integration.  Either-way thanks for the update.  I used to manage a product development team with about ¾ of this being software so I’m sure I’ll find a way to break it. :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Michael LeVene Well, I wouldn’t suggest breaking the product because we won’t be able to help you too much if so, but I can pass this suggestion on! :rofl::joy:

Hi @Michael LeVene Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback! While I’m not personally able to raise the priority on feature requests, the upside is that our product team has already been working on this. :grinning: We hope to have the new version of the integration released in October, but keep your eyes peeled in the Community for when it is!

Hello Liz, We got the same problem with documents sync with HubSpot. We are an IT firm that pushes typeform to several of our customers and we were wondering what will be on the next release for this sync.

Will we be able to push documents to Hubspot ?

Thank you for your answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Greg_E.S I can confirm that the file upload field will be supported in the new release! :grin:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Liz,

I need this solution now too, fairly urgently… when is the next release where the file sync will be available in the Hubspot integration? I see October mentioned above and its just the start of November.. how soon will it be?

Thanks,

Kath

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kathdawson Our developers have pushed back the release of this to fix some bugs (so hopefully this month), but as soon as it’s ready, you’ll know about it here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nia_llc @Michael LeVene @Greg_E.S @kathdawson A very delayed update, but wanted to let you all know that file uploads are now supported in the Hubspot integration. :grinning:

You can read more about this here

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

yay!