Answered

How do I add a third party tracking script to my typeform embed? this is a BASIC feature available on paperform.co why can't we do this with typeform?!?

How do I add a third party tracking script to my typeform embed? this is a BASIC feature available on paperform.co why can't we do this with typeform?!?  There is no setting I can find to do this. Why is this so difficult?

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 9 May 2022, 14:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dan Ryder Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. It isn’t possible to add custom code to your form because we wouldn’t be able to guarantee how the form would function if so. 

One workaround you could try (but keep in mind - we wouldn’t be able to troubleshoot if there are any issues) would be to embed the form onto your website and add the code to your site there, too. 

how do I embed the form onto my website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dan Ryder You can find steps to embed the form onto your site here

Hi Liz thanks for the article...i mean embed the form in a way where I could add the custom code I need to my site so that the form wouldnt exist inside of an iframe...I think that is the issue here.  the form itself is “walled off”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dan Ryder Hm, I’m afraid we don’t have a way to embed a form outside of the iFrame. 

Possibly @mathio might know some workarounds, but I wouldn’t mess too much with the Typeform code so you don’t break it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there @Dan Ryder, I hope you’re doing well!

You should be able to embed your tracking code via Google Tag Manager.

Give it a shot, and let me know if that works for you 🙂

@andrew_videoask there is no documentation on what to do after you connect the GTM tag ID to your typeform.

How do you trigger GTM to do anything through the typeform iframe? is it a “pageview” event or some other type of trigger? if it is a pageview what is the url path? if it is a trigger what type of trigger would it be. I would like to connect a 3rd party script to fire for all “pageviews” of the iframe widget essentially so where can I found instructions on how to achieve that? the help article for connecting GTM does not go into any detail beyond adding a facebook pixel and then finding facebook events typeform fires but that’s not what I want to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dan Ryder, thanks for following up!

If you wish to track page views of your embedded typeform, you can use the built-in “Page View” event in Google Tag Manager. There’s no need to set up anything special to track page views within the iframe embed versus page views on your direct typeform share link. When you configure the Page View trigger, you can choose All Page Views. 

If you want to get more granular and track events beyond just page views, you can also set up Triggers for TypeformFirstInteraction and TypeformSubmit. You can read the second to last paragraph in this article for more information.

I hope this provides some more clarity for you 🙂