Answered

How Should I Setup Free Downloads In Hubspot (Typeform)

• 10 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Ok so I have a team building business and we have a lot of free activities (things like Murder Mysteries that are great value for customers and also allow us to capture lead data). For each free activity that we have, we have created a unique typeform. So my question is - what is the right way to setup my Typeform <> Hubspot integration so I know that, for example, (mythical customer) Tony Stark downloaded our “The Margin Call” murder mystery?

Is there a field in Hubspot that is designed to record product purchases?

Bonus question(!) - What happens if Tony Stark downloads two of our murder mysteries? Is there any way that we can track in Hubspot that 1) he downloaded multiple free products and 2) we can identify which free products he downloaded by looking only in Hubspot?

icon

Best answer by Gabi Amaral 12 August 2022, 15:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @runawaygames! Welcome to the Typeform Community! 👋🏼

Our integration with Hubspot only sends responses data from the typeform to HubSpot, so what happens with the customer after they finish a typeform is not something we can check/follow.

If you have a download button on your own page, then the tracking of this has to be done there, and it is not something we have insights on or can provide support on. Maybe you can contact Hubspot support instead? 

Wishing you the best of luck and a great weekend! 😊

So it would be quite easy for me to create a hidden field that sends data to Hubspot when someone gets fills out the form. The question is more “best practice” related…is there a way that we could track that a person has filled out multiple typeforms in Hubspot (assuming each typeform has a hidden field that gets sent to Hubspot)? Or if I create this field in Hubspot, will it just get overwritten everytime a new typeform is submitted? I hope this is clear! I’m trying my best to explain myself :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@runawaygames - with each typeform that a user completes, you can add a tag to the client’s record that indicates which forms they have completed. Then in Hubspot you need to do the reporting and analysis that tells you which tags have been applied to to the client .. Since you are updating a client record, it should be possible but you will need to dive into Hubspots capabiliities

des