Answered

How to choose a folder in shared drive in Google Drive integration

Hi,
I am trying out the Typeform <> Google Drive integration for backup.
In the last step, I found that I couldn't choose a shared drive - only the folders in my account are available options.

Is there anyway that I can solve this issue?

I have checked the help center article (link) and haven't found the answer for it.
Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated :)

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 May 2022, 21:23

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @YYY I’m asking our tech support team to confirm if this is expected behavior or not. 😁 I’ll post here once I’ve heard back from them!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @YYY ! Our tech team let me know that the integration will not work if you’re trying to use a shared folder that you don’t own (even if you have admin permissions). When you authorize the account, you’re only providing Typeform access to the things owned in your account and not access to things where your account is invited as a member but isn’t an owner.

I see. Thank you Liz :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @YYY ! Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Hi there,

I am able to integrate GDrive to Typeform following the instructions - somehow i don’t see any options in the dropdown list that would direct the uploaded files into a designated folder repository of a Shared Drive i created.

Meaning, I wish the files uploaded by my respondents will go into a specific folder of a Shared Drive across my company (which i have full content manage permission) instead of My Drive. 

What should I do? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @neilc Could you send a screenshot/video of what you’re seeing when setting up the Google Drive integration? 

Hi @Liz , absolutely, the process set up is perfectly normal - no glitches. 

It is only at this stage (Shown in the screenshot) - i only able to see a list of my own personal folders instead of Shared Folders I created in my organization that I wish the upload files would go into.

I censored the folder because it has some confidential folders. ​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @neilc I checked with our tech team on this, and it’s actually not possible to connect the integration to anything other than the root folder. 

Though, they have shred this feedback with product team, as they’re working on updating the integration. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @neilc just wanted to let you know that our product team is working on adding this feature to an update in the integration! No specific dates on when that will be released, but keep an eye on the community, as always!