Answered

How to get 'multiple choice' response in Monday via integration?

Hey community,

I've integrated Typeform with Monday.com, in order to manage my signup form leads.

Now, in my form there are 3 text questions and 1 ‘multiple choice’ question.

For some reason, on Monday, I see only the first 3 text questions, but the multiple choice answer doesn’t show.

Anyone faced with this situation? or have an idea on how to solve it?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 March 2023, 00:12

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Israel Biton Do you have the ‘other’ option enabled? If so, usually disabling this option allows for the integration to connect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Israel Biton how’s it going? Were you able to get this connected? Let us know if you still need help with anything 😊

Badge

Hi @Liz - could you elaborate on what you mean by having the ‘other’ option enabled? I’m having this same issue where 90% of my Typeform is multiple choice and only one short answer question is showing as an option in the Monday integration. 

Badge

Hi @Liz - could you elaborate on what you mean by having the ‘other’ option enabled? I’m having this same issue where 90% of my Typeform is multiple choice and only one short answer question is showing as an option in the Monday integration. 

Nevermind, I think I know what this is referring to. I don’t want to allow the people filling this form to have a write-in option. Is there another way to get the multiple choice questions to appear? 

‘Other’ Option

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hboreen Oh, it’s the opposite! If you do have this option enabled, it can cause issues. 

But if you don’t have it enabled, could you send a screenshot of the options in Airtable versus the options in your Typeform? 

Badge

Absolutely, thanks @Liz - good to know on the ‘other’ option!

Attached are a few screenshots, the first two are a few from my Typeform, showing the types of questions (mostly multiple choice) and the intense branching that leads a user through the structure. 

Then the remaining screenshots are the options that populate when I attempt to link the Typeform into my monday board. I’m willing to change the type(s) of columns of the monday board, but not even the Text column type in monday will let me select any other Typeform questions (besides the 2-3 that are not multiple choice in Typeform - last screenshot below). Hope that makes sense. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hboreen Oh! Are you trying to integrate this in Airtable? If so, could I have you try integrating in Typeform

Badge

Hi @Liz - I’m trying to integrate my Typeform into a monday.com board. Not sure what you mean about integrating in Typeform though? If there’s a way to direct the Typeform answers into monday fields via Typeform vs. the monday item setup, I’m all ears!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah sorry, I mistyped! I need more coffee this morning. Could you send a screenshot of the answer options for a few of the questions that aren’t working? 

Badge

@Liz no worries! Here are a few screenshots of the “Multiple Choice” questions that are not populating in the monday integration item setup. Monday is only showing the “Short Answer” and “Date” questions, which is not ideal since 95% of my Typeform questions are the multiple choice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @hboreen ! Do you mind also sharing the answer options you have in Monday? 

Badge

Yea, I actually shared a few screenshots of the limited options available in the monday item setup, in my update on Friday. But here they are again. @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok, I think I may see the issue now, comparing them side by side, @hboreen . I’m not 100% sure on this, as this is an integration built by the Monday team, but looking at their HC docs, it looks like multiple choice questions aren’t supported in their integration, which is why these options aren’t appearing. 

I’d reach out to them just to confirm, but that would explain why you’re seeing this issue no matter how you format the question options.