Question

how to read the link of a download ?

• 27 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hy,  i use Zappier to collect the link of a download, but the 3rd app can access to this link, it’s need an authentification…

how resolve the problem ?

thanks

alexandre

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @alexandre thanks for stopping by! The links to the file uploads are protected by your Typeform login. Because of this, it’s only possible to access the files in the links when you’re logged into your Typeform account. It’s expected behavior that third party apps and those without your login won’t be able to unfurl the link, but I can share this feedback with our product team. Which app are you connecting to on Zapier? 

TRIBE

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @alexandre Ah shoot, I sadly don’t have any workarounds for that app, but if you don’t mind sharing your use case for the app and more about using the file uploads with it, I can share it with our product team. 

Thanks @Liz 

in Zapier, with Tribe app, the action “5. create group in Tribe”, fields “Picture” and “banner”

it’s need an external URL

Could i add the key API or an authentification at the end of the URL or something like that ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @alexandre Got it - that makes sense. We don’t currently have a way to authenticate within the URL, but this is a really good use case that I’ll share with the product team. I know this isn’t super helpful since I don’t have any workarounds, (unless @picsoung happens to know any!), but if you think of any other questions, please let me know!