Answered

Import data into hidden fields from table

• 24 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey y’all! 

New user here and wondering if we can import data into a hidden variable from a table based on phone number or another key?  

I don’t have a CRM to connect to so wondering if this can be done via table.

Any help would be appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 June 2022, 03:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@totesmcgotes77 - welcome to the community

you should be able to use a spreadsheet table to create a link that is composed of the information in two cells ie the typeform url plus the data portion of the name value pair 

something like this perhaps:

that should give you a link with the hidden field value being passed into the typeform. 

you would create a hidden variable in typeform called user_id (it would be a text field as any values are passed in as  string) 

you could then use something like Document Studio to send a customized email out of the Google sheet to the user’s email (from another field in the table) and include the link from column c. 

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @totesmcgotes77 How did the above information work for you? Let us know if you need additional help!

Hello!  Thank you for checking in.  I tested the response above but I don’t think it will solve for what I’m looking for. 

I was hoping to use a table to perform a lookup from a value that is entered in the form.  For example, if someone enters their phone number, I’d like to reference a table to pull in other information about that user back into the form.  This may be something that is done with variables instead?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @totesmcgotes77 ! I’m afraid we don’t have that feature available, as all the information needs to be pre-set. I can share this feedback with our product team.