Answered

Integrating AirTable w/ Typeform after getting results

• 23 September 2021
  • 3 replies

How do you get Typeform to send results to AirTable if you set up the integration after already having got results?

icon

Best answer by Liz 23 September 2021, 19:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sethu Odayappan Thanks for stopping by the community! Our integration doesn’t currently backfill data, I’m afraid, so you would need to import all of the data into Airtable manually. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Sethu Odayappan, welcome to this vibrant community :four_leaf_clover:

So, like @Liz is saying, you can move the data manually, sure thing. If you have hundreds - nay thousands - of submissions, though, you could use Integromat for this data transfer. One of the great things about Integromat is the fact that you get to work with your older data, not just the stuff you add to your accounts after you’ve connected them to Integromat.

It could look like this:

1. Choose the ‘Watch Responses’ Typeform module and
  • connect your Typeform account to Integromat
  • set the maximum limit of submissions processed during one run of the automation
  • select the form you want to get the submissions from
  • add the fields from the form you want to work with 
  • check the “Yes” option to only get the data from the forms that have been completed

1. This is the essential bit - After the Typeform module is set up, a table’s gonna pop up asking you where you’d like to start with processing the data. Here, you can either choose “all” or even get the data “Since specific date” 

1. Finally, you add the ‘Create a Record’ Airtable module and
  • create a connection between your Airtable account and your Integromat account
  • select the Base and Table you want to create the record in
  • map the answers from the Typeform form to the matching Airtable fields

This is what the scenario could look like 

If you’re curious to see what else there is to do, I’m gonna share the links to both the Typeform and Airtable integrations on Integromat so that you can check out their features. 

Yea, that’s it from me 

Happy Friday, everyone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sethu Odayappan I stand corrected! Apologies for totally missing this. You can backfill the data with Airtable, though you need to add Typeform as a block within your Airtable directly. You can learn more about how to do that here. Let me know if you have any troubles setting this up!