Answered

Integrating with Monday.com

• 10 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi-- I work at a non-profit, so we got to use Monday.com for free. Based on this I looked for the best program that integrates with Monday and I found Typeform--my team really liked it and we bought it, but now we’re realizing just how limited the integrations are.

The problem is many question-types on Typeform, like multiple choice and even ‘phone number’, don’t translate to any column type in Monday. They won’t even show up as text, which really limits the actions and automations we can then take in Monday. 

Does anyone have a workaround or suggestion? Multiple choice is especially important for the info our organization is trying to gather.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Michaela 10 February 2022, 18:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @miriam_why Welcome to the community! I hope you’re having a great week so far. :grinning:

The Monday integration was built by their team, so while we sadly don’t have any control over what fields it integrates with, you could use a product like Zapier or Integromat to pass additional fields. @Michaela might have some more insight on using Integromat to pass data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @miriam_why welcome to the community :wave:

Since the native integration cannot currently help, you could, indeed, connect Typeform and monday.com using Integromat

Just a teensy bit of context here:
Integromat is a visual platform that lets you connect Typeform with pretty much any other online service and automate all kinds of tasks. 

You can have a look at the pre-made Typeform integration. It allows you to work with all kinds of fields :relaxed: You can also check out the monday.com integration and see its features and functionality. 

To learn about the possibilities the platform offers, you can simply sign up for a free Integromat account and start exploring the magic of automation :sunny:

Userlevel 1

Hi Michaela, Hi Liz! Thank you for your responses. 

Adding another program as a go-between is not really an ideal business practice, as we’ve already expended a lot of energy trying to make the most out of Monday and Typeform. 

If we do move forward with Integromat I will add my findings to this thread. Meanwhile, I would love to hear from any other community members who have faced similar problems connecting Monday and Typeform, and hearing how they handled it.

I’m having the same trouble. On monday.com’s help article, they state that they integrate with a lot of different Typeform question types (Text, Short text, Long text, Email, Website, URL, Number, Rating, Opinion scale, Date, Legal, Yes/no), but I’ve only been able to integrate email, short text and link.

Anyone know why monday says these other types should integrate, but don’t seem to?

Thanks for this thread!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ksherwood31 Are you matching the question types exactly as they are listed? Additionally, is the form published? 

Another option to integrate Typeform with Monday is Skyvia. It is freemium and has a very intuitive UI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MichaelTomar Thanks for stopping by and sharing this! Do you currently use Skyvia? I’ve never heard of it, so it’d be great to hear how you’re using it to connect the two. 

Hi, @Liz 

Thanks for the question. Skyvia is a cloud ETL tool that allows you to integrate without code knowledge. I just created an account, chose the connector I needed through the web interface and completed the integration