Answered

Integration suggestion for collating applications with media.

• 9 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

What integration would work best for presenting responses from an application form that includes photo documents, pdfs and word documents?

I want to be able to see the competed application without having to open each uploaded document separately.

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 October 2023, 21:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SiobhanTennis Thanks for stopping by the community! Are you looking to view all of the responses at once or one at a time? And are there any softwares you’re currently using to send responses to, such as a CRM system? 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response Liz. 

The applications would be reviewed one at a time and rated. 

We’re just using excel and wondering if there is a CRM we can plug into from Typeform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh got it! Have you taken a look at the webinar @john.desborough did? He inputs answers into a PDF, and this might be an easy solution for you!

Userlevel 1

I will have a look at that now, thanks for your help!

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz, that workshop was very helpful and what we are looking for. Just one question, when photos are uploaded its embedded in the pdf but if it is a word doc or PDF is just provides a link to download the content. Is there a way to have the content of the doc/pdf also show up in the PDF?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@SiobhanTennis - as long as you can track the ‘link’ to an uploaded photo, you can have that link in one of the fields in the google sheet. then in your output template, you use the {{markers}} to place that field on the page. when the document is created, the image should be pulled into the google doc at that point in time and displayed. 

unfortunately you can’t display the contents of another pdf or Word document inside the google doc template and have it visible. 

you CAN use the link approach and insert the link to the document in the template/output pdf. The user would have to click on the link to see that document in another tab/window. Unfortunately that is a limitation of the approach BUT at least all of the pertinent information is accessible from the one output document. 

just my thoughts

des

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough Thank you for your help, that’s good to know!