Answered

Integration Typeform and Hubspot

• 4 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

I have an integration with Hubspot. Though the multiple choice questions (and also the dropdown questions) in my Typeform survey don't pop up when I try to connect those to Hubspot fields. We have all kinds of field types in Hubspot, like checkbox fields and select fields. Also if I use the same answers in the multiple choice fields in Typeform as they are in Hubspot, nothing pops up. I am wondering if anybody knows how I can make this happen :)? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 4 June 2021, 17:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jacquelineb welcome to the community! :blush: Do you happen to have changes to the form that haven’t been published? If so, you’ll want to first publish the changes and then try integrating again. Let me know if that doesn’t work!

Hi @Liz, thanks for your reply. I indeed did not publish it, after I did, the questions came up! So thanks for your advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Liz, thanks for your reply. I indeed did not publish it, after I did, the questions came up! So thanks for your advice. 

The ‘forget to publish’ is so common, @Jacquelineb . I learned that the hard way (before the community). I’m glad it worked out! Love Typeform and Hubspot :) 

@vickioneill @Liz, thanks for the replies! I do have another question, maybe any of you can help :)?

I have a couple of multiple choice questions in my Typeform survey and I want to send those answers to fields in Hubspot. Though Typeform says that I need to have exact the same names in the multiple choice questions in the Typeform survey as how the names in the fields in Hubspot are. This is not an option in my survey, because the survey is not in English and all our fields in Hubspot are in English. 

@vickioneill @Liz Does do you know if there is a solution for this? Can you label your answers for example? Or give the answers a different hidden name? We are going to produce a lot of surveys in all kind of languages and having to work with workarounds in Hubspot is going to be messy I am afraid…

I hope you can help, thanks a lot in advance :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great question, @Jacquelineb ! I want to say the workaround is with using hidden fields but I prefer @Lizconfirms that before you invest time going that direction. 

Another alternative might be a bit messy, too, but I’ve seen @john.desborough mention this in his process: send responses to a Google Sheet then integrate the sheet with Hubspot. Again, don’t take this as a solution but as a potential that needs confirmation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vickioneill - thanks for the call out but yes it can be a little ‘awkward’ to go through Google Sheets and then into Hubspot. the method I use does allow for the field names to be shortened to something more easily used but it means a bit more manual work. 

there is another approach that might work better in the long run for you @Jacquelineb and that would be to explore an integration tool like Integromat to handle the ‘flows’ - there is an article here by @Michaela from Integromat  that outlines how this type of integration would work. It may be a starting point to explore… (before going the Google Sheets route, which i would be happy to explain at great length if you would like and have a pot of coffee ready)

des

@vickioneill @john.desborough thanks for all the quick replies! Much appreciated. For the long run I would have look at the article about Integromat. For the short run: I was wondering how it works with the hidden fields @vickioneill ? Do you mean I can give an answerfield in Typeform a hidden field name that has the same fieldname as that we use in Hubspot ? If so, can you explain me how that works? If not, can you explain what you mean with the workaround of hidden fields :)?