Answered

Integration with Salesforce - Exception: Search term exceeded max length

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have just integrated Typeform with Salesforce. We have 1500 responses in Typeform.

If I choose ‘create new record for every response’, it is creating duplicate records every time the responses are pulled from Typeform.

If I choose ‘Upsert’ option, it gives an error ‘Exception: Search term exceeded max length’. 

What is the best practice here? Should we delete the old responses in Typeform? Is that to be done manually everytime responses are pulled to Salesforce? We have files uploaded as part of responses, so I am not keen on deleting responses in Typeform.

icon

Best answer by FJB 6 July 2022, 00:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FJB Do you mind sending a screenshot of the error and how you have the field mapped? This might help us answer the question!

Userlevel 2
Badge
Error message

Typeform field mapping

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Liz Please see the screenshots above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@FJB - just a thought: if you haven’t yet, perhaps raise a help ticket with Typeform support - that way you will have two vectors looking at solving your issue.. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

@john.desborough Thanks. I have now raised it as a case to support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@FJB were you able to reach our support team? Let us know what they said!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Liz 

I got the import working when I mapped it to a custom object instead of directly into Leads

As per support, I was also on a previous version (Jan 2022), so I updated the installed package to the latest version (June 2022)

There is still an issue with getting the URL for the images uploaded in Typeform, and that is a product issue which may be addressed in future releases

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for letting us know, @FJB ! This is really helpful for us and others with the same questions. 😁