Answered

Intercom Integration - Editing email output of survey from intercom integration

• 15 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello Typeform Community!

I’ve created a survey for users to fill out and integrated this into intercom. It looks great on Intercom chat and renders as expected. 

However if users receive this as an email it does not show the same and is rather confusing.

Is there a way to edit what is sent via email so that they match? or is this something to do with the Intercom side?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 July 2021, 15:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Toots Love the username and photo! :heart_eyes:

This is most likely something you’ll need to adjust in Intercom, but I can definitely try to give some help! How are the emails being sent? Any screenshots or videos you can send along would be handy!

Thanks @Liz !

So flow for the user is, they are on our app with Intecom chat, they send a message through the chat bubble to cancel.

If they then log off the app and the chat before we send the typeform survey, the message is sent as an email to them. The survey then renders as per the second screenshot in the email.

I assume this is something to do with how Intercom sends out the typeform survey via email? if so I will contact them!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yeah, that would be! Intercom’s team should be able to help you a little further, but if you don’t mind letting us know the solution they suggest, I’d love to know! @Toots 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Toots

Hope you're having a nice Friday! Just wanted to check if you have contacted Intercom and solved your issue? If you did, let us know how it went! :relaxed: