Answered

Intercom integration — How skip "click here" button?

• 20 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello, Community!

I already integrated Typeform with Intercom and try to run Outbound post. But my Typeform quiz can show only after “Click here” button click. I want when our new customer pass registration he immediately see a first quiz question. How I can skip “click here” button? Thank you!)

icon

Best answer by picsoung 20 September 2021, 23:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Oleg Semenov! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :wave_tone2:

I’m afraid that this is how it is, the button is hardcoded and cannot be removed. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any workaround to delete this button. I apologize for not giving you a solution! :pensive:

Let me know if you have any other questions! Wishing you a great week ahead! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Oleg Semenov 

I am one of the developers that built this integration.
Unfortunately this is currently a limitation from Intercom SDK, we won’t be able to embed a typeform in an Intercom conversation without any user interaction.

Currently the only way to do this is through a button.

I encourage you to share this feedback with Intercom team so maybe they offer new functionalities to developers like us.

Hi @Oleg Semenov 

Unfortunately this is currently a limitation from Intercom SDK, we won’t be able to embed a typeform in an Intercom conversation without any user interaction.

I encourage you to share this feedback with Intercom team so maybe they offer new functionalities to developers like us.

I see that Simplesat has managed this now, so is there some changes to this now? I can give You a screenshot if you’d like.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Oleg Semenov 

I see that Simplesat has managed this now, so is there some changes to this now? I can give You a screenshot if you’d like.

Thank you @Borso for sharing this example.
Looking at their solution, it seems like they rebuilt their experience using Intercom components instead of embedding their forms.

We choose the form solution, so your users would have an on-brand experience filling up a typeform embedded in the Intercom Messenger.

If we had to redo Typeform using only components provided by Intercom, we would probably need to limit to certain types of questions. Ex: Building matrix or ranking block using Canvas API is impossible.

Also, we would probably have to drop other features like recall or logic. And if we keep stripping features to make it work, in the end, it does not look like the awesome Typeform that we all know, no? 🙂

But always open to reevaluating the option in future iterations 😃