Question

Intercom messenger not showing saved blocks

Userlevel 1

I’ve installed the Typeform integration on Intercom, but I can’t get it to save any blocks I create when replying to a conversation.

I select ‘Save for later use’ but when I go to add a block the only option I get is to Create a new block.

I am also having an issue with hidden fields not feeding through. I update the list of hidden fields on Typeform, yet on Intercom it is only showing the hidden field I had previously.

Does the integration take a certain amount of time to update? Or is this a bug?

I’ve tried refreshing the browser and using a different device. I’ve also re-installed the app on Intercom a couple of times, but I’m still having this problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RotaCloud Could you share some screenshots/videos so we can get a better idea of what’s happening? (Or the URL where the app is embedded?)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. I’ve tested it again this morning and it is now saving blocks so I can re-use them.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 1

@Liz  Sorry, it’s not resolved yet. I managed to get it to save a block once, but I cannot get it to store anything else. Seems a bit inconsistent

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @RotaCloud ! From the video, it looks like the blocks are appearing. Are you seeing this on the live version? Or do you mind sending a link to the live version where Intercom is? 

Hi @Liz  I am experiencing this same issue.

I linked typeform + intercom, created the block, saved for later use and now it does not appear for me. I have reached out to intercom but they have investigated and direct me to typeform as they don’t think the issue is on their side. Are you able to assist?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SurveyBlaize Can you share the URL where you have the intercom app or any photos/videos of the issue? This will help us look into it further. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz what do you mean by the Live version? There is an existing block at the start of the video called ‘Test’ which I previously created, however I then create a block in the video called “Feature Request Form” and select the option to ‘Save this for later’ and this does not happen. You can see when I go back to add an existing block at the end of the video it only has the one called ‘Test’ in the list and does not include the one I just created.

Hi @Liz is there a way I can share them privately?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@picsoung do you happen to know why the integration isn’t working for @RotaCloud above?

@SurveyBlaize You can send them to me via DM and I’ll respond in this thread. 😀