Answered

JIRA integration - what's under the hood?

Userlevel 1

I’m looking to understand whether Typeform is sophisticated enough to be a solution for our content and brand briefing form requirements. 

• For example, if we are creating logic in Typeform that provides clients with an estimate deadline upon completing the form, will that timeline data connect directly to a JIRA issue timeline parameter? (Really looking to understand what data will seamlessly integrate into JIRAs issue parameters). 
  • Secondly, does embedding the Typeform in our intranet bare any consideration on the above?

Thanks for your feedback 

icon

Best answer by Liz 1 June 2022, 15:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AndrewM Welcome to the community! While we don't have a native Jira integration, there is a zap available here. I don’t believe it updates the timeline in Jira. 

I think our product team/tech teams use Zapier (or another source) to create tickets from Typeforms, but @Nordin or @Lasse might be able to speak more to that!

As for your embedding question, I’m not quite sure I understand. Are you wondering if it will impact the timeline data being sent? Or if the form will appear at all? 

Userlevel 1

@Liz thanks for the welcome and your reply. 

Yes I did connect through Zap yesterday and unfortunately your right, it doesn’t update the Jira timeline. Appreciate if @Nordin or @Lasse have any suggestions on that. 

ITO embedding, yes to both.