Answered

Mailchimp not showing audiences when setting up integration

Hi there! I’m trying to connect a typeform with my Mailchimp account, but always get stuck in the same error message. When typically there is a question where you choose the audience you want to integrate your typeform with, with me, the page says that I do not have any Mailchimp lists, and suggests to create a new one. However, clicking the button to go create a list, allowed me to create a new list, but the list sill doesn’t show in the integration phase. When I already have a list in Mailchimp, the page still says I don’t have any lists in Mailchimp, and the button to go create a new one guides me to Mailchimp’s page with paid plans (as the free plan only allows 1 list/audience). Anyone got tips or tricks, how to make the Mailchimp list visible for Typeform integration? We have tried several times already, and the issue did not happen with a different Mailchimp account for some reason (but that account we cannot use for our purpose).

Here’s a screenshot of the error message, if that helps.

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 July 2021, 20:07

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mikkolainen Thanks for stopping by the community! Do you happen to be a member on a Mailchimp team account? If so, could you try connecting the Typeform to the Mailchimp account owner’s login? Let me know if that doesn’t work for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mikkolainen Were you able to get the audiences showing? :grinning:

I have the same problem now, Typeform doesn't see Mailchimp lists (there are two lists in my account). Do you have any suggestions, tips on how to solve this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ospruce We’ll respond in the post you created! :grin:

Hi @Liz, thanks!

I have experienced the same issue (testing on different MC accounts all of which have multiple audience lists). I can’t see if there was a conclusive answer on this thread. Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Byte9er We have a few solutions in the post below. Let me know if none of those help!

Hi @Liz 

Unfortunately, nothing in that post helps.

When testing Typeform initially on free trial level I connected a form to the same MailChimp account with no problem and tested successfully that submissions who opted in were correctly added to the connected list and those who didn't opt-in were not. All good.

Then since upgrading my Typeform account to a paid level and testing with any subsequent form when I attempt to add the Mailchimp connection it flags I already have an account selected, but when I select that same account it cannot find any lists. Same thing happens if I try connecting on any of the different Mailchimp accounts I have access to.

I have connected the MC account with owner credentials and the form I am attempting to set the connection on has a required email question and is published.

Please investigate and advise further.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Byte9er Hm, shoot. I would definitely suggest reaching out to our technical team directly who can look in the backend for any errors. They can be contacted directly here, but let us know if you have any questions in the meantime! 

I search for one day and then not find an answer for this. I finally used zippier which worked perfectly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Trymmm Glad to hear that worked for you! Do you mind sharing what your setup is in Zapier in case anyone else is looking for a similar thing?