Answered

Mailerlite limited integration

• 25 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I was SO excited about Typeform until I realised that the integration with MailerLite is very limited. It’s great being able to map a form submission to MailerLite generally. But it doesn’t have the capacity to map multiple choice or dropdown answers to groups or segments, which really limits the functionality of the integration. 

I notice that Mailchimp and some others allow question mapping beyond just the email field. Does anyone know if there’s a possibility this feature might be added, or if there is a workaround? So frustrated. 😢

I could move my email list to Mailchimp but Mailchimp is so… ugly 😬 And it misses the survey response block that you can add to emails in MailerLite, which I love  

I’m keen to hear from other that integrate with a mailing list where you can capture and sync up information beyond an email address. Thanks  

icon

Best answer by Michaela 25 January 2022, 19:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Heya @KarenB  Michaela from Integromat here :wave: Welcome to this wonderful community!

First of all I’d like to say that I understand your frustration but it’s really hard for a company to develop native integrations that would please everyone. Actually, I’d say it’s almost impossible :slight_smile:

If you find yourself in a situation when you’re wanting to connect two services beyond the scope of their native integrations, you might wanna consider turning to a third-party service. Like, for example, Integromat. It’s a visual platform that allows you to connect Typeform to pretty much any other online service and automate all sorts of tasks you would otherwise have to perform manually. 

You can check out the Typeform and MailerLite integrations we have on our platform and therefore see w the automation possibilities :nerd:

:arrow_right: Typeform 

:arrow_right: MailerLite

You could also get inspired by this pre-made template that automatically creates MailerLite subscribers from new Typeform entries. Or it might even fit your use case :slight_smile:  

If this is something that tickles your fancy, you can simply sign up for a free Integromat account and get the part started :blush:

Anyway, wishing you good luck with however you to decide to solve this :slight_smile:

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks. When choosing which platform to use, I’d rather choose options where I don’t have to also pay for and try on an extra service. I do appreciate your suggestion, though. But at this stage, I’ll either change email provider or simply not choose Typeform. The other email providers that Typeform has an integration with all have the feature I’m asking for, so it’s obviously possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sure thing, I totally understand. If you’re not married to MailerLite then this sure is the easiest way to go forward :slight_smile:

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

So, does anyone have any advice other than paying for an integration tool? 

I can’t easily change email providers as I already have everything set up and I also need it to integrate with other things. 

I guess the MailerLite and Typeform integration is just super basic, compared to the others. I doubt either company will change because they’ll each say to ask the other. 

so perhaps I’ll just give up on both. 

the only other option that seems to have the right integrations is Mailchimp but I just find their templates so ordinary…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Adding @kabir.mathur here for feedback!

If you’re looking for more than the current integration provides, @KarenB , you would need to us a paid tool. 

If you really love the templates you have built in Mailerlite and don’t want to migrate over to a new service, it may be worth paying for the integration tool to save you time both in the setup and in your email service provider. 

If it makes you feel better, I finally buckled down and paid for an ESP after using Mailchimp for a while because I also found their templates a little too basic for my business. :joy: As much as I dislike paying for another tool, the time it has saved me has made up for the struggle of trying to figure out/rebuild email templates (which I really hate doing). 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @KarenB. Thanks for this feedback. Your suggestions make a lot of sense to me. I’ve gone ahead and added this request to our integrations backlog. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @KarenB. Thanks for this feedback. Your suggestions make a lot of sense to me. I’ve gone ahead and added this request to our integrations backlog. 

Thank you for listening and getting it :)