Answered

Map Hidden Fields to Hubspot Properties

• 11 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am trying to create hidden fields for data like lead source, assigning leads to a rep, and updating fields that track which conference a lead came from. All of the content I see online is mapping hidden forms to an email campaign and it’s not the way I’m trying to set up this form. This form I’m creating will collect attendees information that will be attending one of our side events at a conference. I want hidden forms to automatically capture this conference-specific information and populate particular properties in Hubspot. It looks like the only way to map information back to Hubspot is from the answers in the Typeform.

Has anyone set this up before and has advice?
Thanks,
Alex

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 September 2023, 17:42

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DrakeLivepeer Thanks for stopping by the community! How do you plan to send information into the hidden fields? Are the forms embedded on a website or being sent via email? 

Badge

Hi @DrakeLivepeer Thanks for stopping by the community! How do you plan to send information into the hidden fields? Are the forms embedded on a website or being sent via email? 

We have a post on LinkedIn with the Typeform link. So we are essentially directing people straight to that link to sign up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Got it! In that case, the hidden field data most likely won’t transfer in because you need to have that information on them stored somewhere (such as an email system) in order to pass in their personal information. I would suggest adding a name or contact field to the form itself. 

Badge

Got it! In that case, the hidden field data most likely won’t transfer in because you need to have that information on them stored somewhere (such as an email system) in order to pass in their personal information. I would suggest adding a name or contact field to the form itself. 

This is what I suspected. I feel like my use case is fairly straight forward though. The information I’m trying to bring through that I don’t want to put on the form are things like the rep the lead should be assigned to and the name of the event they are signing up for. I don’t want to ask either of these in the form because they don’t and shouldn’t know who this lead should be going to and the sign up is already assuming they’re signing up for a specific event. This seems like table stakes and I don’t know how to get that information into Hubspot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DrakeLivepeer How are you determining who is assigned to what lead?

As for the event, you could add a hidden field to the form and then manually input the event name in the hidden field. Then, you can copy that link to share on LinkedIn with that information already filled. 

For example, once you add the hidden field, then you would just need to edit the URL slightly like the text in bold (but change out the text in bold to whatever your event name is!): 

www.mytfurl.typeform.com/to/dfhlsfh?eventname=youreventnamehere

Badge

Hi @DrakeLivepeer How are you determining who is assigned to what lead?

As for the event, you could add a hidden field to the form and then manually input the event name in the hidden field. Then, you can copy that link to share on LinkedIn with that information already filled. 

For example, once you add the hidden field, then you would just need to edit the URL slightly like the text in bold (but change out the text in bold to whatever your event name is!): 

www.mytfurl.typeform.com/to/dfhlsfh?eventname=youreventnamehere

To keep it simple, we’ll have 1 person assigned to all leads coming in this way so just need to update the hidden field with that name. Problem is when I do this and type the name out exactly as it appears in the property in Hubspot, that information doesn’t populate to the lead in Hubspot once the form is filled out. I’ll keep diagnosing, appreciate the support!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DrakeLivepeer Oh, got it! You could also setup a workflow in Hubspot to automatically assign leads to that person once the form is completed. That might actually be easier than adding a hidden field since the same person will get assigned no matter who completes the form. 

Badge

Hi @DrakeLivepeer Oh, got it! You could also setup a workflow in Hubspot to automatically assign leads to that person once the form is completed. That might actually be easier than adding a hidden field since the same person will get assigned no matter who completes the form. 

Good idea, will look into that. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let me know how it goes, @DrakeLivepeer !