Question

Matching Contact on email in Salesforce

• 26 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I have set up the Typeform - Salesforce intergration and mapped our form to a custom object in salesforce.

I would like to have that custom object sit on the Contact object and for the form to be matched to the contact by the email address that is entered on the form.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Michelle

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michelle SF Happy Wednesday! I’m asking our lovely tech folks about this, as I’m not quite sure. Stand by!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @Michelle SF do you mind sharing a bit more about what you’re looking to achieve? It sounds like you have the mapping set up correctly, but any further information would be helpful. 

Hi @Liz 

I have created two mappings for our survey - one to the contact object (with 2x Key’s)  and one to a custom object in salesforce.

The custom object I created is related to the Contact Object. When someone completes a survey I was hoping their email could be used as unique identifier and if a match with an existing email address (contact) was found the survey responses would be loaded to the custom object that sits on that particular contact.

Many thanks

Michelle

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michelle SF If I’m understanding this correctly, are you looking to have our integration update a contact and then search for a custom object and update this as well? If so, I’m afraid our integration doesn’t have this capability, but I would suggest using something like Zapier to complete this. 

Thanks @Liz