Question

Mobile keyboard covering answer box for text response questions (Safari Only)

• 7 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I have created a Typeform survey in the form of a chat that many participants are taking on their phones. It works great in Chrome. However, when using Safari on a mobile phone on open response questions, the keyboard covers the answer box. The user is still able to type and submit answers, but they can’t see what they are typing. It feels like being blind. 

I understand that the issue here may largely lie with Safari, but is there anything I can do on my end to prevent this from happening?

I’m using the pop up embed code to put it on my site.

It also only happens when using the pop up button embeded on my site. It works fine if I use the generic typeform url.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rachel-marsh Could you share the URL where you have the form embedded so I can take a look? This will help me see if this is expected behavior in Safari or if it’s an issue with the embed. Thanks in advance! 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @rachel-marsh happy Wednesday! Don’t forget to share the URL so we can check it out 😊

I’m having the same issue, but with the direct link from the share tab. It seems to be fine on safari, but the keyboard covers the textbox for android. Not sure how to fix this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @briannadawnk Could you share the URL of your form and a screenshot of what you’re seeing? 

Here is the link to the form:
https://imfd3s9lwk7.typeform.com/to/fFn5Q7bo 

And this is what happens on Android. When you click on the textbox, the keyboard covers the textbox and you can’t scroll to see it. It happens on all questions of the form.