Answered

My pop-up typeform (triggered by time on page) displays black and empty

So I have a page, in which i added the js code to get the typeform to pop up on screen after X seconds (see code below). Problem is, for people who already went on the page, the pop up shows black and empty, without any content in it. See this link ;https://drive.google.com/file/d/1saz9QC-0u1EoTm93KorgA2OIRoAgfCj5/view?usp=sharing

The code is as follow; 

<div id="typeform" style="display:none;"></div>
<script>

const queryString = window.location.search;
    const urlParams = new URLSearchParams(queryString);
    const gclid = urlParams.get('gclid');
    const kw = urlParams.get('kw');
      const campaignid = urlParams.get('campaignid');
      const adgroupid = urlParams.get('adgroupid');

document.getElementById("typeform").innerHTML = "<button data-tf-popup='Mr6eWKin' data-tf-open='time' data-tf-open-value='10000' data-tf-hidden='gclid=" + gclid + ",kw=" + kw + ",campaignid=" + campaignid + ",adgroupid=" + adgroupid + "' style='all:unset;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;display:inline-block;max-width:100%;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;background-color:#0445AF;color:#FFFFFF;font-size:20px;border-radius:25px;padding:0 33px;font-weight:bold;height:50px;cursor:pointer;line-height:50px;text-align:center;margin:0;text-decoration:none;'>Launch me</button>"; 

</script>

<script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Thanks for the help!!

icon

Best answer by mathio 17 May 2022, 11:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @francisdesrocher,

I tried using your code and in my case the iframe is blocked by my AdBlock extension. I dont know why it does, but your code looks a bit non-standard.

I suggest you use our JavaScript code (see our demo example for this), that one works for me without any issues. In your case it would look like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//embed.typeform.com/next/css/popup.css" />
<script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>
<script>
const queryString = window.location.search;
const urlParams = new URLSearchParams(queryString);

window.tf.createPopup('Mr6eWKin', {
open: 'time',
openValue: 3000,
hidden: {
gclid: urlParams.get('gclid'),
kw: urlParams.get('kw'),
campaignid: urlParams.get('campaignid'),
adgroupid: urlParams.get('adgroupid'),
}
})
</script>

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @francisdesrocher 

Let us know if @mathio solution works out for you.

I see that you are using Intercom, you might be interested in our integration that displays a typeform inside your Intercom conversation. Might be easier to integrate :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @francisdesrocher Did these solutions work for you? Let us know how it went!

Sorry for jumping in this thread. This solution worked for me but the popup display everytime in everypage even if the visitor completed the form before, if there a way to limit the popup to 1 per session/ per week or per day? @mathio 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could use an onSubmit callback and store a timestamp of the submission in a cookie. Then you would check the time difference and wrap the embed code in an if statement if the difference is < 7 days.