Question

New question added in form not showing in Slack

• 14 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I had a form with four questions integrated into Slack and it was working great. I added a new question as the first question (so the original questions became questions 2 thru 5). Now questions 2-5 still are returned in the Slack integration but the responses to the first question aren’t pushed to Slack. You can clearly see the responses to that question in the Responses section of Typeform, but it’s not showing in Slack.

I turned the Slack integration on and off and re-copied the embed code from Typeform into my Squarespace website to try to fix. Still not showing up.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RGE Thanks for stopping by the community! It might be a case of needing to delete and re-add the integration. Before you do that, do you happen to know if any of the questions are long-text questions and/or within a question group? If so, this could be preventing the data from appearing, as Slack can only send so many characters and question groups aren’t currently supported. 😥

Thanks for your response. I figured it out. When a question gets added to a form and you want that question pushed to Slack, you have to go into integrations, select Slack, hit edit, and then hit the checkmark next to that new question. Once I did that and hit Save, the responses to the new question are now flowing into Slack.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, that’s great to know - thanks, @RGE ! I’ll send this feedback to our Help Center team, too, to ask if we can add this to the article.