Answered

New wrapped emeding code not passing hidden fields

• 29 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi all,

Sometime around November 18, a new wrapped embedding code was rolled out. Unfortunately the new code is not caring on hidden fields when embedded in WordPress, so the other apps like Zapier, are not able to pick hidden fields to process the information. Has anyone experienced a similar situation?

I have been using Zapier to send my Typeform results to a Excel, because Typeform integration to Excel is very limited.

icon

Best answer by mathio 6 December 2023, 10:20

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@picsoung @mathio do either of you know if there’s a way to send hidden fields in embedded forms into Zapier, so they can be passed into Excel? Wondering if there’s a workaround for this 🤔 Thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jsaenz 

we are aware the initial version of the new embed code had this issue. However we have recently fixed this issue.

You should be able to build a code like this:

<div data-tf-live="<id>" data-tf-hidden="name=Matej,role=engineer"></div>
<script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Or alternatively read all params from URL and pass them as hidden fields:

<div data-tf-live="<id>" data-tf-transitive-search-params></div>
<script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Can you please provide an example of you embed code or URL to your page?

Badge

Hi @mathio,

This is the code I get when selecting the “Embed your typeform with Wordpress” option:

<div data-tf-live="01HGTTXNAKV75Y4A62JSX34ZFD"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

For this particular case I used a hidden field @nameofprogram=Test Program

When used, this code does not carryover the hidden fields into Wordpress or Zappier, making hidden fields unusables.

Badge

As is, that wrapped code does not show the hidden field, and when embedded in WordPress, the hidden field is not being carried into the output of the form 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I can see in your embed code that you do not have a value set for the hidden field.

Did you set the hidden field value under the “Advanced” tab of the specific embed?

This help article might help: https://www.typeform.com/help/a/using-hidden-fields-with-embedded-typeforms-360029264632/

Badge

@mathio the hidden field should be there, but that is precisely my problem. I have created the hidden field, have added it under the Advanced options, but when I create the embedding code for WordPress, the new wrapped code just doesn't show them. That is the problem.

Badge

Check this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You need to first select “Embed in a webpage” - red, then select an existing embed - blue (or create a new one) and then select the advanced tab - green on your right.

What you are doing in the video is updating the hidden field value in the form link, not the embed.

The hidden field value will not display in the code, as it is stored on our server and fetched when the form is rendered.