Answered

Notion Integration: Responce ID

Hi! I want to give each respondent to my Typeform a unique confirmation code. I see in the Google Sheets integration, you get a Token (see image). In the Typeform API you can call a responseID, but I can’t figure out how to set one that can send to Notion. 

It doesn’t have to be this response ID, just a unique code I can send to the user. Like a Ticket Number, Submission ID, etc. 

I would also like to display this code on the End screen if possible.

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 March 2023, 16:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KirtiZeal Happy Monday! It’s not possible to send the Response ID to Notion through our integration. You can read more about the fields available to integration here

I’ll share this feedback with the product team!

Hi! I understand that is not possible to send the ID to Notion, but is possible to display a confirmation number when the user submit the form?

I really need this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @katyanegrele thanks for stopping by! We don’t have this feature within the forms, but @john.desborough am I having a cold-brain right now or did you once have a workaround for generating unique numbers in typeforms? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @katyanegrele - i did create a ‘simple’ way to generate your own random-ish number based on asking someone to enter a number on a question. you could to that as demonstrated in this small example.

but according to Mr. Google, you CAN generate random numbers inside Notion. so why not push the data into notion and let IT give you the random number. here’s one article you might want to look at. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! Thanks for sharing that, @john.desborough !